Workplace Support Manager
Manage the day-to-day Information Services (IS), including computer hardware and software, mobile device, and audio visual functions and project-based activities of the firm and internal IS personnel in one or more US firm offices. This includes Deskside Support Specialists, Audio Visual Specialists, technical support Interns, contracted resources assigned to project work, and matrixed management of other members of IS teams as assigned. Enhance and maintain the high-quality handling of Incidents & Problems, maintenance of the IS infrastructure (including Audio Visual), support of offsite hearing related activities when requested, and in some instances, the delivery of Training. Ensure that exceptional customer service is provided, activities are effectively tracked, information & knowledge is shared, and the team works cohesively & professionally. Ensure team and individual adherence to all IS departmental policies and procedures. Coordinate the resolution of escalated and high priority Incidents & Problems, which can include communication with large groups of attorneys and staff, to other members of IS, and to IS management. Confidently, cordially, and articulately represent and advocate for the IS Department and its services in presentations to and meetings with attorneys and staff. Represent IS Management in the resolution of escalated issues, the completion of project-related activities, and the discussion of new or enhanced IS services requested by attorneys and staff.
Assists with proactively supporting client service by actively participating in the firm's Service Excellence initiative. Ensures that staff members are providing quality service to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors by displaying professionalism via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person and by encouraging an atmosphere that rewards a "can do" attitude.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Enable and support an environment of exceptional service by IS team members, which includes definition and demonstration of processes, measurement of adherence to said processes, and attainment of defined objectives.
- Develop and lead IS personnel to provide the highest quality level of service to IS customers (firm attorneys and staff) and IS personnel, which includes performing all Human Resources-related functions expected of a manager in the firm, such as creation and management of development plans, exceptional service processes and recognition programs, performance plans, and annual reviews.
- Facilitate the communication with and education of IS personnel through daily updates, weekly team meetings, and arrangement of training sessions (internally lead by members of IS, or external training and knowledge resources).
- Manage adherence to IS' governance methodologies for projects and financial management. Identify and coordinate technology projects and changes in conjunction with team members in Europe and members of IS in the U.S. under the direction of IS' Project Management organization.
- Manage the IS teams to timely and accurate completion of tasks associated with IS projects.
- Manage the IS Workplace Support budget for assigned offices, including all associated expenses and expenditures under guidance of the Director, Workplace Support and in conjunction with the IS Business Services Operations team.
- Collaborate with all other administrative groups to ensure the most effective delivery of service and support to all attorneys and staff.
- Establish a keen understanding of the business and legal practices of the offices, so to enhance the delivery of IS services by the IS team in those offices and to contribute knowledge to the overall IS strategy in serving & supporting the firm presently and in the future.
- Ensure adherence to all IS processes & policies for customer service, including management to the firm's ITIL v3-guided service management processes and the associated Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics.
- Ensure the highest level of detail and quality of Incident, Service Request, Problem, and Change tracking in the service management system, currently Axios assyst, and in all other forms of communication by IS.
- Define and measure team and individual performance metrics, based on analysis & reporting provided by the IS Analysis & Reporting Coordinator and the IS Workplace Support Incident Coordinator.
- As necessary, act as the secondary manager for IS Workplace Support personnel in other US and European firm offices in support of their primary manager.
- Contribute actively and creatively to the strategic growth and advancement of IS Workplace Support in service to the firm. This includes evaluation and recommendation of policy changes or enhancements, metrics analysis, report generation, and active involvement in IS projects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Exceptional management experience in an advanced technology customer support or exceptional customer service environment.
- Stellar cross-functional team development and leadership skills.
- Experience with modern technology quality control processes.
- Advanced understanding of law firm or professional services support is preferred, including the relationship between IS and Litigation & Practice support services.
- Experience with structured information analysis and process definition in a best-in-breed organization.
- Confident and professional manner when dealing with IS peers and firm personnel at all levels, including advanced interpersonal and public speaking & presentation skills to effectively communicate complex topics & procedures with team members, other members of IS, and all other firm personnel. Refined attention to detail, organizational skills, and focus.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills when faced with multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direct supervision necessary.
- Availability for travel amongst the US firm offices (Boston, Washington, New York, Palo Alto and Los Angeles) as necessary.
- 4 year degree required. Preferred fields of study include Business Administration, Organizational Behavior & Management, and Management Computer Information Systems. ITIL Foundation Certification is ideal.
- Solid management experience in an advanced technology or customer service environment is required.
- Experience in a law firm or other professional services environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience with ITIL-based concepts is preferred.
- 7+ to 10 years experience in an advanced technology environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability
← return to listings