As a Web Manager, you will be a key member of our Global Digital Media team, which is responsible for our websites, applications, blogs, social media and webcast channels. The Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the firm’s digital communications strategy as it relates to our multiple external websites and applications. They are also responsible for promoting the firm’s core messages online, increasing user engagement and traffic, and developing and maintaining a consistent format and tone for all components of the firm’s websites. The Manager collaborates closely with the firm’s technology department, creative services, video and multimedia production, editorial services, the PR team, while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Identifying target audiences and the business objectives for the firm’s global sites including multiple language sites, microsites/portals and mobile versions, and helping to determine the content and digital features that support the firm’s strategy and core messages.
- Keeping current with existing and emerging web technologies, browsers and devices as well as online marketing techniques and digital trends, particularly among professional services firms.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to improve user experience, site traffic, structure, and features.
- Managing project enhancements and new functionality related to the firm’s online portfolio.
- Creating, developing and managing content for the firm’s external website, including working with the site’s proprietary content management software, taxonomy and architecture as well as liaising with lawyers, professional staff. Helping strategize on digital partnerships and supporting on digital marketing campaigns.
- Collaborating with the public relations, social media, video production, creative services, events and webcast teams, with respect to digital campaigns.
- Managing budgets, development schedules and outside agencies/vendors.
- Maintaining a master content calendar and managing the process of routine review of all online content for currency and accuracy.
- Maintaining a web posting manual that ensures all new content is appropriately placed and linked across all relevant pages and language sites. Overseeing training and enforcement of editorial and posting guidelines.
- Working in conjunction with the creative services and video teams to maintain a library of pre-approved images, videos and motion graphics for the website, and any new pages/sections that require templates.
- Tracking and proactively providing reports on all site metrics, including click-through rates on the firm’s publications and key pages, to applicable audiences. Routinely monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of the site and its content. Providing suggestions and implementing solutions to improve site effectiveness and the promotion of popular content.
As a Web Manager, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Manager must have superior analytical, marketing and technical writing and communication skills, as well as experience directing online strategy with a track record of achieving results. A Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing communication or related field along with a minimum of seven (7) years’ related experience in online marketing or digital communications is required. Relevant work experience at a law firm, or other professional services firm or financial services company is preferred. The Manager must have an advanced knowledge in MS Office, InterWoven and CMS systems as well as a strong understanding of HTML and CSS. Knowledge of Google Analytics or Sitecore a plus.
← return to listings