As a Technology Training & Documentation Coordinator, you will be responsible for leading projects regarding the creation of technology training documentation at the firm and leading training and development initiatives. You will design, develop, and deliver a variety of software and hardware training services and documentation to the personnel of firm,The Coordinator identifies training needs of firm employees via training requests, analysis, and help desk reports. You will act as mentor and provide support to practice office Technology Trainers, as well as these other critical functions:
- Developing and/or coordinating teaching aids such as outlines, handouts, instructions, tip sheets, online learning, Tips of the Week and other reference materials.
- Translating technology related business specifications into user documentation.
- Creating training programs for new or updated software rollouts to meet the requirements of firm population. Developing training programs to enhance the ability of perm personnel to use technology resources and provide a competitive advantage for the firm.
- Acting independently to determine when training deficiencies require new training programs. Identifying technology skill gaps of firm personnel; makes recommendations to Technology Trainers, Supervisors, and Managers. Developing programs to meet training needs.
- Analyzing help desk reports and end user’s training requests in order to develop needed training programs.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies; reviews appropriate periodicals and journals; contributing to the identification and creation of new learning opportunities outside the classroom, such as using multi-media programs, online courses, webinars, etc.
- Providing training to the practice office training staff with regard to the software rollouts. Designing train-the-trainer sessions to promote learning.
- Leading global training efforts for firm-wide software rollouts or other IT upgrades.
- Collaborating with the practice office Technology Trainers and the Global Technology Training team to ensure consistency of training programs firm-wide.
- Coordinating work with practice groups to develop procedures to improve document production that can be incorporated into instructor-led training and e-learning curricula.
- Evaluating and testing new software applications and updates from a training and end-user point of view.
- Sharing knowledge of policies, procedures and technology with team to increase department efficiency.
- Delivering and/or coordinating any of the above-mentioned services following all appropriate department and firm policies and procedures.
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
As a Technology Training & Documentation Coordinator, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Technology Training & Documentation Coordinator must have knowledge and proficiency in a wide variety of software programs, including Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016. Experience with Acrobat, iManage, Kronos, Intapp Time, Litera Change-Pro preferred. Knowledge and proficiency of various remote communication methodologies required, including, Remote Desktop Servics (RDS), VPN and RSA SecurID; Cisco Phone system, learning management system (LMS).
Knowledge and proficiency in adult learning, including the ability to create high-level training courses that incorporate experiential learning activities to meet the needs and culture of the audience required. Experience in facilitating professional training programs, willingness and aptitude to learn new applications, and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion is also required.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required. Two (2) years’ experience in instructional design and writing documentation for technology training. Three (3) years’ experience supporting technology through end-user training initiatives preferably in professional services organization. Relevant project management experience required.
← return to listings