As a Technology Support Specialist I, you will provide support to the office regarding the resolution of standard desktop, notebook, and remote computing issues. You will be responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of Firm PC and notebook computer hardware and software while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Providing support to standard desktop and notebook systems, hardware, and customer related services; providing support to printers, Multi-Functional Device (MFD) hardware and settings, and PDA support including configuring and troubleshooting.
- Setting up PC computers, notebook computers, and printers; initializing and stabilizing performance
- Performing regular maintenance on PC equipment such as computers, notebook computers, printers, and auto-switches; scanning computers for viruses
- Setting up conference rooms to use technology services (e.g. presentations, network connections, and audio/visual); performing daily checks of conference rooms to ensure all equipment is working properly
- Creating help desk tickets; notifying team members via email when taking an open request and when the request is completed
- Maintaining an inventory of PC hardware equipment and software programs; utilizing AssetCenter to track loaner equipment for distribution and recovery
- Providing relocation of PC systems as needed
- Keeping abreast of new technologies; reviewing appropriate periodicals and journals; working with Practice Support staff in assessing training and development needs
- Providing additional end-user technical support as needed
- Meeting and coordinating with other local Technology department members on product installation, training, and support
- Coordinating with other areas and departments of the firm where overlap exists to develop efficient procedures and communications to streamline processes regarding product installation, training, and support to satisfy various department needs
- Assisting with special projects on various issues as needed
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers
As a Technology Support Specialist, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Technology Support Specialist I must have knowledge and proficiency in software programs, including Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016 as well as knowledge of standard hardware components and peripherals. Analytical skills are needed to troubleshoot a variety of symptoms, diagnose problems, and test, recommend, and implement solutions to technology problems. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
A High School diploma or its equivalent is required, while a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is preferred. One (1) year of technology support experience with PC hardware/software as well as one (1) year of related experience working with notebook computers is required. Experience working with remote communications hardware including modems, wireless routers, and network interface cards as well as experience with installations and upgrades, training and technical documentation is desired. Extensive time using a computer, including use of a PC keyboard and mouse or similar data input devices, is required. The Specialist must be able to operate and maneuver a hand truck for the purpose of relocating and storing PCs and notebooks for staff and attorneys.
← return to listings