JOB TITLE: Technology Support Analyst
DATE: December 2022
DEPARTMENT: Technology Services FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Technology Services Manager EEO CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Support
The Technology Support Analyst (Level 2) reports to the Technology Services Manager and provides advanced
technology support and customer service to all firm employees. The Technology Support Analyst (Level 2) works
in tandem with the Level 1 Service Desk to resolve inquiries to a wide range of technology requests, including firm
standard software applications, computer hardware, phones, printers, operating systems, remote access, and mobile
devices quickly and accurately. The Technology Support Analyst will act as the first escalation point for the Level
1 Service Desk and will collaborate with Level 3 analysts to research and troubleshoot complex high priority and
high impact issues while ensuring a high degree of customer service. The Technology Support Analyst Level 2 is
responsible for providing individual and small group education on firm-supported software and hardware, will
identify training needs, prepare training materials, conduct new onboarding training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
· Provide onsite and remote technology support to employees in all firm locations relating to firm standard
software applications, computer hardware, phones, printers, operating systems, remote access, and
· Collaborate with the Level 1 Service Desk to troubleshoot requests prior to escalation to a Level 3analyst.
· Provide explanation and training to Level 1 Service Desk in order to build technical knowledge,
including firm policies and procedures.
· Use remote control tools to assist customers when needed.
· Clearly and concisely log details using the Service Desk ticketing system, including the opening, closing,
resolution, escalation, and tracking of user requests. When escalation to Level 3 is required, ensure
information is thorough and current to ensure an effective handoff.
· Provide regular status to customers for issues that need time to troubleshoot and research, including
updating the Service Desk ticketing system until the request is completed.
· Anticipates customer needs and proactively identifies solutions
· Translates complex, technical concepts into easy-to-understand language to assist non-technically oriented
· Perform new arrival onboarding to ensure that new hires have all necessary knowledge, information, and
access to perform their role
· Perform ongoing individual and small group education on firm-supported software and hardware as
needed, as well as new applications and offerings
· Plan and manage training plans for large groups, such as fall associate and summer associate programs
· Collaborate with technical owners to prepare, update, and maintain training materials for new programs
· Maintain and coordinate training schedules and sessions
· Build, maintain and coordinate training content in the firm’s LMS
· Image, configure and deploy laptop and desktop in an enterprise environment as needed.
· Report trends and unusual inquiries received to the Service Desk to department leadership to identify
issues and problems with the technology platform.
· Collaborates with the manager in developing processes, policies, and standards for technology
· Participates in software and new service testing, as well as provide feedback to relevant technical
owners on new products and software updates.
· Participates in regularly scheduled technology calls to understand firm strategies and new
products and services.
· Completes special projects on various issues as needed.
· Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, web-browsing, and SharePoint.
· Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Teams.
· Advanced knowledge in troubleshooting complex issues relating to computer hardware,
phones, printers, and mobile devices.
· Advanced knowledge with remote access, including Citrix, VPN and VDI.
· Working knowledge of Active Directory and SCCM.
· Experience using remote connectivity and remote-control software tools in order to
troubleshoot and assist customers.
· Working knowledge of general data security protocols and requirements to maintain a safe and
secure technology platform.
· Understands general network architecture, including switches, routers, circuits, virtual
servers, and data centers.
· Strong troubleshooting knowledge with skills in decision making and strategic thinking.
· Attention to detail, with the ability to notice what others seem to miss.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Organized and consistently executes tasks effectively and efficiently.
· Excellent interpersonal skills including telephone skills, verbal and written communication skills, active
listening, and customer care.
· Communicates effectively in person and in writing, with the ability to translate technical
concepts to non-technical people.
· Remains flexible and adapts to changes in tasks, projects, or processes, whether planned or
· Ability to remain calm when resolving customer issues.
· Outstanding ability to perform logical troubleshooting in pressure situations.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
· 3+ years of related Technical Support, Help Desk, or Service Desk experience in a large
corporate IT setting.
· Experience delivering technology training.
· Experience delivering white glove customer service.
· Legal industry experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Vets/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The following table indicates the degree of working conditions expected for the job. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these requirements.
N/A = 0-10%, Occasionally = 11-33%, Frequently = 34 - 66%, Constantly = 67 - 100%
Oral and Written Communication Constantly
Horizontal Reaching Occasionally
Vertical Reaching Occasionally
Repetitive Arm/Hand/Finger Movements Frequently
Weight Occasionally, up to 15 lbs.
← return to listings