TECHNOLOGY LEARNING AND APPLICATIONS SPECIALIST:
Our client is looking for a Technology Learning and Applications Specialist to join our team. Under the direction of the Systems Manager, this position will assist with the support and adoption of firm technology and applications as well as provide training and related initiatives to improve the end user experience. This position is all about helping our users succeed through efficiencies and automation. We are looking for someone that is technical, creative and customer centric that enjoys problem solving and is a quick learner with exceptional communication skills.
Essential job functions:
- Deliver technology training for all firm standard applications, for both onboarding employees and existing Attorneys and Staff. Training delivery includes classroom, virtual and remote sessions, and one-on-one coaching.
- Communicate with users via telephone, email, virtual meeting, etc. to provide coaching, support and training.
- Engage with users and understand the needs of their jobs. Assist in identifying opportunities to leverage technology to improve efficiencies.
- Create, publish, and maintain learning materials including user manuals, quick reference guides, eLearning, and online help for self-service on firm applications for use on multiple devices.
- Work with Helpdesk, Support and Network teams to resolve recurring issues, identify opportunities for training and create solutions to user challenges.
- Provide input into and execute technology learning plans as directed by the Systems Manager.
- Keep apprised of upcoming software releases and provide input on configuration and deployment.
- Assist in the evaluation of new software, ensuring configuration of applications align with user perspective, workflows and requirements.
- Participate in the rollout of new or upgraded technology. Communicating with pilot groups, aligning design and configuration with best practices and feedback from users and promoting adoption.
- Support the Windows 10 desktop and line of business applications. Research and troubleshoot user questions and software application issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
- 5 years prior experience working in a law firm or professional services industry.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows-based systems and Microsoft 365 (Office), document management systems (iManage Work 10 strongly preferred), document lifecycle applications; Forte, DocXtools, Change-Pro. Document assembly; Power PDF or Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with LMS systems and e-learning tools helpful.
- Curious about new technologies and able to learn new software quickly.
- Knowledge of application customization and integration (preferred but not required).
- Certifications such as LTC4, Microsoft MOS, etc. (preferred but not required).
- Highly customer centric, with ability to engage with users and establish credibility.
- Excellent work ethic committed to delivering high quality work.
- Excellent speaking, presentation and communication skills.
- Creative thinker with troubleshooting/problem-solving abilities and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible when things don’t go as planned, keeping cool in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to manage classroom instruction and keep groups on time and on topic.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, while actively collaborating and working as part of a distributed team.
- Strong documentation and procedural skills.
- Occasional after hours or weekend work required.
- Committed to self-growth and continually improving skills.
← return to listings