The Technical Trainer will provide new hire training and a regular schedule of continuing education focused on the current and future needs of our attorneys and staff. In addition, the Technical Trainer will assist with conducting needs assessments of our user community, improving our technology training curricula, preparation and production of documentation and providing technical customer support.
• Trains new employees on the firm’s technology including application usage, remote access, and telephone/voicemail systems.
• Assists in the development of training curricula and associated materials (e.g. handouts, exercises, etc.) for current and new technology initiatives. Works with other IS trainers to develop and maintain reference guides and other documentation.
• Delivers user focused training through one of the following methods: instructor led, one-on-one coaching, demonstration style, webinars and eLearning modules across all offices in a logical, accurate and effective manner.
• Participates in assessments to determine current and future needs in information technology training, and recommends goals, objectives and priorities.
• Conducts evaluations to assess effectiveness of delivery and content of training sessions and materials. Maintains records and prepares related reports.
• Researches, designs, develops and maintains course descriptions, course materials, full user documentation, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), online learning materials, class schedules, user registration, evaluation criteria, learning paths, and attendance records using the firm’s learning management system.
• Evaluates, tests and recommends new or upgraded hardware and software packages, based on features that best meet attorney and staff needs.
• Coordinates training registration, scheduling, and production of materials.
• As directed by management, resolves and documents requests for assistance from clients experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer related technologies in compliance with service level agreements.
• Consistently models the highest levels of client service orientation and professionalism.
• Acquires and maintains knowledge of relevant products, current support policies, and methods of support delivery.
• Participates in the planning and implementation of special projects as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to present complex subject matter in understandable terms to learners with diverse levels of computer experience.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing, on a prepared and extemporaneous basis with attorneys and staff.
• Must be able to relate software features to users’ work environment, tasks, and objectives in an effective manner that leads to improved quality and productivity.
• Must possess excellent facilitation skills, presentation skills and an engaging presentation style.
• Demonstrated ability to make presentations to small and/or large groups in an effective manner.
• Demonstrated ability to develop curriculum, technical documentation, and participate in the implementation of new training programs.
• Ability to participate in the planning, policy and decision making discussions involving end user training, curriculum, documentation, and deployment plans.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts. Requires patience, creativity and discretion.
• Ability to create and give training presentations on various topics.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or with others in a cooperative manner, demonstrating initiative and self-motivation, to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Must have sound negotiation skills and be able to develop and maintain effective business relationships.
• Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to problems.
• Must be able to travel as necessary to conduct classroom and individual training sessions in the firm’s remote offices.
• Ability to lift, move and carry items weighing less than 50 pounds.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
The position requires a minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated.
The position also requires a minimum one (1) year experience teaching Microsoft Office and standard legal applications at all skill levels. (e.g. Interwoven or other DMS, Webview or similar time entry, Litera ChangePro or similar redlining tool, etc.)
← return to listings