Technical Support Specialist
The Technical Support Specialist’s role is to deliver high quality technical support to end users in the organization. This role encompasses efficient and effective customer service skills to troubleshoot hardware and software issues as well as limited training on the use of various types of hardware and software programs in support of business objectives. This individual is responsible for the joint monitoring of a dedicated Service Desk phone and email for end-users to use when seeking assistance related to computers, printers, telephony, video conferencing, network, and applications. This individual also responds to questions and concerns, and arranges for appropriate Systems/Network staff to assist with problems related to network or system issues. This individual would jointly maintain a database of support issues using database software and on-line documentation for resolving common problems. The individual who fills this position will be an on-site contact in our Silicon Valley office of approximately 225 employees and will report to the Service Desk Manager, who is also located in the Silicon Valley Office. It is crucial that this individual be able to work collaboratively with remote, users, team members, and managers and is capable of being self-directed with regard to daily tasks.
This job position is based in the Silicon Valley office, but some travel to our other California offices is required as is the availability to work an after-hours, on-call rotation.
- Respond to support calls or emails in accordance with current IT Department standards and under the direction of the Service Desk Manager.
- Document support issues and resolutions.
- Manage local moves/adds/changes to user set-ups for both computers and phones.
- Configure end-user personal computers for use with firm resources from home or when traveling.
- Maintain readiness and manage check-out process for firm laptops.
- Manage networked business machines.
- Communicate software problems and issues to Applications Analyst and support teams. Respond to questions regarding the general use of firm software/systems.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in both commercial and custom-built software products used in the organization.
- Minimum of two to six years of relevant experience in a law firm, preferably in a corporate law firm.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of enterprise and desktop hardware and systems.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of enterprise and desktop applications, including Windows 7, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of basic networking principles required.
- Experience with Autonomy (iManage/Filesite/Matter Centricity), Workshare/DeltaView, Aderant (CMSOpen), MDYFilesurf and other law firm programs preferred.
- Knowledge of trends in computer technology relating to hardware and software.
- Ability to travel to other offices.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to travel to other California offices.
← return to listings