Our client is seeking an engineer with solid understanding of standard client/server and networking fundamentals as well as a superior knowledge and demonstrated technical proficiency in System Center Operations Manager with experience in managing medium to large environments. The candidate should be able to troubleshoot all aspects of SCOM effectively and understand the product configuration, flow and logging in detail. The candidate should understand fully the base OS and SCOM Management Packs and be able to discuss in detail at least one of the following Management Packs: Active Directory, Exchange, IIS or SQL including configuration, tuning and customization. In addition, experience in other Microsoft Management technologies, including Active Directory services (AD) is desired.
This role will include server installation, maintenance & support as well as IT process automation. The Systems Engineer will work collaboratively with and support other teams to ensure continuous IT operations. The successful candidate has or is willing to learn and develop an all-around knowledge of system technologies. This position reports to the Information Technology Director.
- Develop automated IT processes on multiple platforms.
- Document all pertinent information relating to automation and systems architecture.
- Address and troubleshoot automation workflows.
- Troubleshoot and isolate problems in the server farm.
- Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced engineer.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting systems and other reported issues.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the server level.
- Installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including Operating System patches and security updates.
- Develop targeted test plans for software and server automation.
- Build and maintain a test platform to develop and test automation workflows.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Assist team-members with Server/System Troubleshooting.
- 3 to 5 years Windows Infrastructure experience
- PowerShell, VBScript
- Active Directory (2012)
- Group Policy/Group Policy Preferences
- Microsoft System Center Suite with an emphasis on SCOM, SCSM, SCORCH
- Windows (10, 2012, 2016)
- Good working knowledge of LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, TCP/IP, WMI, SNMP, Windows Registry.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, adaptability, enthusiasm, and motivation
- Ability to work independently as well as work well as a team member
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to learn and utilize new technologies
- Solutions oriented; learn quickly, understand complex problems, and apply useful solutions
- Self-starter with the ability to work without daily supervision
- Experience in multitasking and providing premium levels of support to users and team members
- Microsoft Clustering
- Microsoft Office 365 Applications
- MS SQL Server as well as SSRS (2012, 2014, 2016)
- MCSE Certification
- Microsoft Azure
← return to listings