Under the supervision of the Workplace Support Manager, you will provide onsite technical support to firm attorneys & staff and visitors in the resolution of computer software, hardware, mobile device, telephony, multimedia, printing, and connectivity problems. You will configure and install new or replacement computing systems, mobile devices, printers, telephone systems, and other technology tools. The Support Specialist provides daily and after-hours network, computer operations, and telephony support as necessary, both for planned and unplanned occurrences. Additionally, you will support meeting-related data connectivity, including setup & support of Audio Visual (AV) systems including video conference, audio conference, and presentation systems necessary to ensure successful delivery of AV services for the firm’s attorneys, staff, and visitors. Advocates the firm’s technology “standard methodologies” to customers based on what is identified by other members of IS Workplace Support, Technology Training, other IS groups, and other Administrative Support groups to ensure that customers and firm visitors can work efficiently & productively, and with the highest customer satisfaction.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Provides onsite and remote (email, voice, chat, web share, and possible external visits) customer support for all network-based, computer-based, and mobile device-based applications and hardware offered by the firm or enabled by the firm, such as personal mobile devices and computers used to access firm resources.
- Sets up, configure, and deploy laptop & desktop computers and mobile devices, and approved printers, for attorneys & staff.
- Provides multimedia meeting support as required for Audio Visual (AV) systems, presentation systems, and computer and mobile systems necessary to ensure successful delivery of AV services for the firm’s customers and clients.
- Support firm visitors in their ability to utilize technology enabled for them, including: wireless guest network connectivity, guest printing, and setup of non-firm systems in conjunction with their work with firm personnel, including computers, mobile devices, and deposition or interview-related technology.
- Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems independently and through coordination with others on the team.
- Responds to telephone, email, Instant Message (IM), desktop video, and in-person requests for technical support. Tracks and monitors all issues to ensure timely and effective resolution in the Axios assyst IT Service Management (ITSM) system and abiding by IS’ ITIL v3-guided processes, escalating to others within the IS team and vendors as necessary to realize issue resolution.
- Works with customers validate that they understand how to use the technology tools available to them in order to enable them to realize the highest level of productivity by minimizing recurrence of use-related issues.
- Identifies areas in which the team can benefit from improvement in technical and customer service skills, working with the Workplace Support Manager, IS Technology Training and, as appropriate, Office Administration to realize the delivery of necessary training.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in providing workarounds to customer Incidents and Service Requests that cannot be resolved initially, while researching or engaging the Support Liaisons or appropriate assignment groups for long-term solutions to the Incident.
- Assists in testing new software & hardware, providing feedback as necessary.
- Performs daytime, after-hours, and weekend computer, mobile device, telephony, AV, and network support on behalf of IS Workplace Support, IS Applications Services, and IS Infrastructure Services, which may require short notice to travel to the office outside of normal business hours in the event of system outage events.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned, including performing project-related work.
- Contributes to the firm's overall initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, in-person, over the telephone and through email.
- Exceptional customer service, attitude and skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, as necessary to work effectively with people at all levels at WilmerHale (WH).
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills as necessary to translate complex technical information to a non-technical audience. Clear articulation of activity, solutions, and business needs in electronic format, including video conference, email, IM, and computer and mobile video, as necessary to communicate and coordinate with peers, others in IS, and the overall firm customer base, including firm clients.
- Demonstrated ability to provide face-to-face, telephone, email, IM, and video-based support.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of computer software & hardware and mobile device software & hardware configurations support, including software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use computer and mobile-based software, operating systems, and hardware in use at WH.
- Familiarity with ITILv3 service management processes, focused on Incident Management and Request Fulfillment, and related event tracking in a service management tool.
- Solid project management and organizational skills, including the ability to work effectively with little supervision in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to compile, review, and determine logical conclusions or recommendations based on data and information, which is varied in content and format.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred with substantial coursework in information systems or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Office Specialist certifications (MOS) in Word and Outlook and Certified.
- Professional certification(s) and ITIL v3 Foundation certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a structured client service technology position including hands-on computer & mobile device hardware, operating system, AV, and software support.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 is highly preferred.
- Experience with iOS, Mac OS, and remote access technologies, including VPN, wireless, and Citrix strongly preferred.
← return to listings