Supervisor of Business Intelligence
As the Supervisor of Business Intelligence Systems, you will be responsible for supervising the Business Intelligence Systems team in tasks including planning, design, installation, configuration and maintenance of our Business Intelligence (BI) platform. You will work with various departments to ensure that their BI reporting solutions are properly designed and maintained. The Supervisor will also work closely with the Manager of Business Intelligence Systems and Director of Technology, Development to ensure that our BI reporting platform is able to work across the firm's diverse data systems while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Supervising, training and coaching the BI team members and leading them in their professional development endeavors
- Ensuring goals and objectives of the team are met; leading team toward accurate and timely completion of assignments and responses to inquiries; ensuring that all tasks and duties are completed within the firm's set guidelines and policies
- Working with the Manager of Business Intelligence Systems to generate performance evaluations, and recommend salary increases; also working with HR to recruit, select, train, coach and discipline employees
- Supervising shift activities, workflow and daily functions of the Business Intelligence team
- Acting as a resource to the firm on various BI questions for staff and other users; responding to user questions and issues in a timely manner and assisting with solutions
- Working with BI vendors in order to resolve complex issues
- Designing, maintaining and extending data dictionaries and Business Objects Universes for use by members of the Financial Information Center, as well as Firm Management
- Testing software upgrades and assisting with user access and system setups
- Assisting the Manager of Business Intelligence Systems with special projects dealing with continuing education/workshops and user support issues
- Working directly with Senior Management to design, develop and deploy advanced Business Intelligence Systems
- Working with Accounting and Finance department and supporting various accounting functions
- Analyzing and verifying internal consistency, completeness and mathematical accuracy of financial reports and making required adjustments
- Completing special projects on various issues as needed
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
As the Supervisor of Business Intelligence Systems, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Supervisor of Business Intelligence Systems must have experience in the administration of business objects and testing software upgrades. Experience with Elite Enterprise and Elite 3E is a plus. An ideal candidate will possess the ability to utilize data visualization tools such as Tableau and R and the ability to comprehend and accurately perform mathematical functions. Knowledge of basic accounting principles is desired, as well as the analytical skills needed to correctly comprehend and communicate data.
A Bachelor's degree in Technology, Accounting or related field is preferred. Four (4) years of experience with business intelligence systems is desired. Two (2) years of experience in a supervisory position is desired.
← return to listings