The Senior Application Engineer is responsible for maintaining, updating, testing, and troubleshooting enterprise applications under the direction of the Senior Manager of Enterprise Systems. The engineer works with the appropriate business owner to ensure that the applications works effectively and efficiently 24*7.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Responsible for the design, development, enhancement, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of designated COTS (“Commercial Off the Shelf”) business-facing application
- Ensures technical documentation and deliverables are in accordance with Technology Services policies and
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with business owners and vendors.
- Assists with resolution of escalated incidents and participates in problem management activities
- Maintains awareness of technology developments and makes recommendations to Senior Manager, Enterprise
- Participates in cross-functional team projects to implement new or updated technology
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do"
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Manager, Enterprise Systems
- Implementation and support experience with enterprise applications including accounting systems, record systems, document management systems, expense systems, human resources systems or similar enterprise
- Demonstrated expertise in implementation, operations and support for Windows based applications systems such as accounting systems, record systems, document management systems, expense systems, human resources systems or other similar enterprise applications
- Demonstrated ability to configure and troubleshoot Windows file servers, database servers, application servers and web
- Experience supporting a 24/7 production
- Working knowledge of server hardware, server storage and other infrastructure
- Good judgment in identifying issues and recommending solutions to
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently in atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure; must able to define problems and create
- Ability to work effectively with both users and technical staff in team-oriented environments.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new skills/techniques to respond to the firm’s needs.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels, both inside and outside the TS Department, and thrive in a cross- functional
- Good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non- technical
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, specialized training or equivalent work
- 5-7 years in a similar
← return to listings