Senior Application Systems Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Application Systems Engineer. This position is an integral part of out Information Technology team and is responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and documentation of the Firm’s physical and virtual desktop and application user experience.
This position plans and conducts technical design, testing, development, documentation, and production deployment of the firm's physical and virtual end user desktops and applications using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) task sequences, Microsoft System Center configuration Manager (SCCM), Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, and Citrix PVS and MCS technologies. The position also designs, creates, and maintains Group Policy and Group Policy Preferences, application packages and deployments, and software updates.
The Senior Application Systems Engineer regularly interacts with end users, IT teams, and outside vendors. Additionally, the Senior Application Systems Engineer performs technical troubleshooting activities and acts as the point person for resolution of desktop image related service tickets. This position uses broad knowledge of IT disciplines including SCCM task sequences, SCCM deployments, SCCM software updates, SCCM Asset Management, desktop and server OS, Citrix PVS, Microsoft Security updates, Group Policy, Active Directory, scripting and automation to plan and accomplish goals. This position reports to the IT Applications Manager.
As a Senior Application Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with the Senior Application Systems Architect to maintain and implement change to the firm's virtual desktop (Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop)
- Designing and maintaining the firm's physical endpoint desktop image using MDT and SCCM task sequences, application packages and deployments.
- Designing and maintaining the firm's software and security updates implementations using SCCM and automation.
- Planning, preparing, and deploying Windows Security Updates to endpoints, servers, and virtual desktops (XenApp and XenDesktop)
- Working collaboratively with the Senior Application Systems Architect to managing the testing, piloting, and promotion of new XenApp and XenDesktop builds and versioning.
- Using change management tools and methodologies to track, test, and introduce changes to the environment.
- Managing and Maintaining the firm's Citrix PVS, XenApp, and XenDesktop environments including Citrix Policies, Device Collections, Machine Catalogs, and Delivery Groups.
- Maintaining and managing Group Policy and Group Policy Preference objects and settings.
- Design and management of user profile handling
- Delivering prompt quality customer support to end-users by providing support and final resolution to 2nd and 3rd level escalated Support Center tickets
Note: While the list of essential duties is intended to be as inclusive as possible, there may be other duties, which are essential to this position
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role within a law firm.
- Expert technical knowledge and experience managing and supporting SCCM in an enterprise environment
- Expert technical knowledge and experience managing and supporting SCCM and MDT task sequences, OS deployments, software deployments, Windows Updates, and Asset Management in an enterprise environment.
- Expert technical knowledge and experience managing and supporting Citrix technologies (PVS, XenApp, XenDesktop, StoreFront, etc.) in an enterprise environment.
- Expert technical knowledge and experience creating and maintaining Group Policy
- Solid experience with VMWare/ESX tools and technologies
- Solid experience with the law firm/legal software application layer.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with PowerShell and other scripting and automation languages and technologies
- Working knowledge and familiarity with SQL Databases and scripting
- Working knowledge and familiarity with iManage Work and/or other Document Management Systems
- Proven experience supporting large number (500 or more) of end users.
- Available to work flexible hours as needed
- Open and wide perspective on technology's relationship to business goals.
- Exceptional analytical skills and mind-set with strong interpersonal and communication skills essential. Must be a problem-solver and a "reverse engineer"
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and open communication
- Creates positive relationships throughout the firm to support a culture of team integrity.
- Embraces change, supports the vision and demonstrates commitment to change
← return to listings