Our client, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Senior Technology Support Specialist to join our winning team, located in our Global Services Office in downtown Los Angeles. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Senior Technology Support Specialist will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Senior Technology Support Specialist, you will provide support to the office by resolving desktop, notebook, and remote computing issues. You will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software. As a Senior Specialist, you will troubleshoot and repair PCs and software settings in firm applications, while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Providing support to hardware and software, as well as providing support to printers, Multi-Functional Devices (MFDs), and smart phones including configuring and troubleshooting.
- Providing assistance to end users for firm-approved applications using a variety of different methods. Those applications include: Microsoft Office, Outlook, iManage, Metadata Cleaning Assistant, Remote Desktop Services, VPN, and other applications as necessary.
- Performing regular maintenance on PC equipment such as notebook computers, printers, monitors and peripheral hardware.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems involving hardware, systems software, and applications software. Troubleshooting a variety of symptoms in order to diagnose the actual problem.
- Setting up and configuring computers and printers, initializing and stabilizing performance.
- Meeting and coordinating with other local Technology department members on product installation, training, and support.
- Configuring and installing hardware components and software in computers.
- Setting up conference rooms to use technology services (e.g. presentations, network connections, and audio/visual elements).
- Providing end-user support by answering the help desk line and Outlook mailbox. Tracking help calls and solutions by creating ServiceNow tickets, and notifying team members when taking and completing an open request.
- Demonstrating the operations of software to end users.
- Maintaining an inventory of PC hardware equipment and software programs. Providing relocation of computer setups as needed.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies; reviewing appropriate periodicals and journals; working with Practice Support staff in assessing training and development needs.
- Utilizing System Configuration Manager console to deploy software packages and updates to end users’ workstations.
- Responding to application and document problems both remotely and in person.
- Coordinating with other areas / departments of the Firm where overlap exists to develop efficient procedures / communications to stream-line processes and satisfy various department needs.
- Assisting with special projects on various issues as needed.
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
As a Senior Technology Support Specialist, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful candidate must have a High School diploma or equivalent. A Bachelor's degree is preferred. Three (3) years’ technology support experience with PC hardware/software along with two (2) years’ experience working with notebook computers is required. A successful Senior Technology Support Specialist will have experience working with remote communications hardware including modems, wireless routers, and network interface cards. Experience with installations and upgrades, training and technical documentation desired. Knowledge of Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 2010/2016 desired.
← return to listings