SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Our client is seeking an experienced and qualified professional to join our team as a Senior Systems Engineer specializing in Messaging. Under the direction of the Director of Network Engineering, this engineer is responsible for the firm’s email infrastructure and ancillary systems including mobile device management solutions. With considerable independent judgement and initiative, the primary responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Support, maintain and enhance a complex messaging infrastructure to ensure a highly available, robust and secure environment.
- Architect, design, enhance and maintain the messaging infrastructure in a virtualized messaging environment using Microsoft and VMWare technologies in order to meet and maintain appropriate service levels.
- Participate in the firm’s Information Security Forum and maintain information security policies and procedures while assisting in maintaining compliance with various security standards such as ISO 27001.
- Administer and support Microsoft Exchange, Enterprise Vault, hosted antivirus/spam filtering, Active Directory, DNS.
- Administer and support firm mobile messaging products.
- Responsible for architecting, enhancing, planning, testing, configuring, protecting, and upgrading Microsoft Exchange as well as supporting common email applications.
- Maintain appropriate documentation on the messaging environment.
- Maintain and improve various PowerShell scripts for maintaining and managing the infrastructure.
- Act as an escalation point to the Help Desk and provide excellent, direct customer and technical support the user community.
- Perform general system administration duties in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Produce appropriate documentation for application deployment, configuration, and related processes.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and response.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 5 years of progressive systems experience and expert technical knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft messaging and Active Directory technologies, both on-prem and cloud based.
- Have prior working experience with VSphere in a clustered environment.
- Display a strong sense of responsibility, dedication, and commitment to providing proactive service at the highest quality level.
- Possess strong customer service and leadership skills and demonstrate initiative and a desire to consistently enhance and improve technology solutions.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on procurement of technology products and services.
← return to listings