← return to listings
← return to listings
SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
- 5 or more years’ experience in the management of Microsoft Windows Servers.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 or greater
- Comprehensive understanding of operating platforms, connectivity, security, and information management
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, and DNS
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware ESX, and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Knowledge of IT industry standards
- Knowledge and experience with basic security measures and requirements
- Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of Server, Storage, Networking hardware, Printers & Peripherals
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work independently with limited direct supervision as needed to accomplish the responsibilities of the position.
- The ability to communicate professionally both verbally and written with peers and management.
- A customer-centric attitude with a high level of energy and sense of urgency in meeting needs.
- Being highly motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong disposition to work within a team and a collaborative orientation.
- Performing all duties in a respectful and professional manner, and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Desire for skill growth and knowledge attainment in emerging technologies.
- Gaining technical knowledge of new systems, platforms, and services is valuable to you, and you will be expected to pursue a personal certification plan to stay current on key technologies of interest you and that are useful to the firm. Your natural curiosity and ability to self-start will be a great asset to you, and you are expected to step in to assist during high-impact operations.
Job Responsibilities (% of Time)
- As a Senior System Administrator (SSA) you will facilitate the installation, configuration, and maintenance of system hardware and software in a virtualized Windows server environment with Active Directory and Exchange server, adhering to server and application maintenance policies and procedures. The SSA will be responsible for coordinating with network engineering, application development, and database administration resources to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of datacenter infrastructure to meet the firm’s objectives. In addition, ensuring routine analysis and fine tuning of all enterprise storage platforms, backup and restoration environments, Disaster Recovery (DR) hardware and processes. The SSA will adhere to all security policies and practices to insure the safety and privacy of data, its clients and its resources. (Tech Proactive 50%)
- The SSA should be responsive to all on call technicians in a timely manner, both during and after hours. They will play an integral role in assessing, and resolving any technical problems associated with all enterprise infrastructure systems. In addition to fault detection, isolation, and resolution, the SSA will assist in providing root cause analysis for any incidents which occur in the enterprise. (Tech Reactive 20%)
- The SSA should be comfortable interacting with all types of vendors and service providers, and assisting with onsite support and implementations as needed. As directed by the Enterprise Infrastructure Manager (EIM) coordinate or lead different aspects of any project in an office location to facilitate completion. The SSA will be involved in the evaluation, recommendation, and execution of new technologies or updates to existing infrastructure to ensure optimal performance through the use of industry available or home grown tools sets. (Project Management 15%)
- The SSA will be integral in the ongoing development of documentation for all aspects of the enterprise. Accomplishing this through written and/or verbal communications to all relevant IT colleagues to effectively maintain a knowledge base of standard practices. (Documentation 5%)
- This role requires travel to all office locations both local and abroad, the expectation should be 5-6 per year, at 2-5 days per trip depending on scheduled work to be completed. As this position will be one of two technical positions in a remote office, the incumbent will fill-in as needed when the other local technician is sick or unavailable. To foster growth within the IT group, the SSA will contribute subject matter expertise and mentoring as requested geared towards skill set improvement with the department. (Other 10%)
← return to listings