Job Summary: The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and continuous service improvement of the corporate data and voice network. This person will drive continuous improvement and growth of the firm through strong skills and experience in data network technologies. The Senior Network Engineer will carry projects through all stages, including defining requirements, drafting and presenting, technical proposals, and deploying and maintaining the best solutions.
• Performs analysis, design, testing, installation, documentation, implementation and support of global converged network technologies.
• Analyzes and recommends contemporary and emerging technologies for deployment across the enterprise including but not limited to MPLS WAN, Carrier Cloud (Azure), QoS policies, classifications, marking and policy mapping.
• Acts as the Subject Matter Expert in IP routing protocols including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast, MPLS.
• Manages the firm’s Circuit inventory to include vendor relations.
• Conducts network capacity planning and performance tuning and troubleshooting.
• Prepares and maintains up-to-date documentation and detailing the configuration of deployed solutions.
• Resolves operational issues involving L2 and L3, in a multi-routing infrastructure (OSPF, BGP)
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience in IT with a certification, such as CCNP , CCVP or, preferably, CCIE.
The position requires a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in routing, switching, and VoIP environment. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience with Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches, Cisco Meraki Security Appliance/ Wireless, Azure connectivity (Express routing).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge in access control list (ACLs), TCP/IP, IPSEC, VLAN, VRF, Port Security, Traffic Shaping, Priority Queuing, QoS and IP routing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of data network technologies such as OSPF, BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, VPC, HSRP/VRRP, MPLS, P2P VPN, VAN, Trunking, QoS.
• Significant demonstrated Cisco experience along with related experience in Infrastructure/Networked environments with hardware (routers, switches, firewall, etc), designing, planning and implementing LAN-WANs using the instrustry standard technologies.
• Demonstrated proficiency with the design, provisioning and troubleshooting of LAN, WAN and FC connectivity technologies
• Strong working knowledge of wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wireless management (Meraki), Two Factor Authentication, Certificates, VoIP, H.323, and SIP.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge or guidance, analyze and interpret data from several sources, solve problems by applying precedent or extrapolating from previous experience.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with attorneys, staff, and vendors.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts
• Ability to safely lift, move and carry items without assistance, weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to perform some 24x7 on-call support rotation and off-hours maintenance work.
• Ability to travel to other offices as needed.
← return to listings