The Senior Manager – Strategic Planning and Implementation (SPI) will work closely with the firm’s Chief Information Officer to design, plan, and integrate the major services and applications used by the firm. The SPI may also be asked to provide post-implementation oversight and monitoring as needed by the CIO. The SPI should be able to work independently, manage time their effectively, and open to learning and consulting their peers on new technologies. The SPI should be able to collaborate with other Information Technology team members and the firm’s executive team to fulfill objectives.
- Works closely with application owners and other IT stakeholders to provide guidance and oversight
- Researches IT industry and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise and relates to future operations and projects needs. Analyzes the current business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and provides options for improvement.
- Designs, develops, and manages the processes of backend hardware forecasting for organization’s mission critical applications.
- Proven ability and comfort in facilitating deep technical reviews with IT organizations and building a trusted relationship with the CIO and IT Management team.
- Understand business objectives, research potential strategies, architect and design solutions.
- Directs and facilitates enterprise solution architecture for specific initiative by understanding the current state, articulating the desired future state, identifying the gaps between the two, and creating principles and implementation models to close the gaps.
- Facilitates the development of and documents enterprise standards guiding principles, designs, roadmaps, plans and position papers that direct the selection, development, implementation, and use of Information Technology within the enterprise.
- Consults on application and infrastructure projects to fit them to enterprise big picture.
- Automate operations and integrate with firms’ change management and operational systems.
- Review systems, document and resolve issues to ensure continuous operations.
- Provide mentorship and knowledge transfer to other members of the team
- Maintain professional decorum when representing the IT department to attorneys and staff.
- Complete additional tasks as assigned
- Provide 24x7 support as needed
Required Qualifications: Five (5) or more years of progressive experience with comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering in at least two (2) IT disciplines (such as strategic planning, solution architecture, technology architecture, network management, security management, change management, application development, middleware design, information analysis, database management, project management and operations management).
Strongly Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Major: Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
License and Certification
Preferred: Nutanix, vmWare, Microsoft, Cisco and other enterprise technologies
Required: Advanced to expert technical knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications, systems design and integration. Ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking). Knowledge of multiple components of enterprise architecture. Demonstrate knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes.
← return to listings