Senior Manager of Technology Services
About the role
As a Senior Manager of Technology Services, you will be responsible for overseeing the internal delivery of technology business services within of the New York Office. Technology business services includes customer support, the configuration and delivery of hardware and software, Technology team management, and business partnering. Other key responsibilities include:
- Consulting with practicing lawyers, office leadership and business services departments to understand the business context of the use of technology. Evaluating and recommending technology or processes in coordination with the Global Technology team to implement improvements in use and implementation.
- Engaging collaboratively with colleagues in the Global Technology Department to provide perspective from New York with regard to current and new technology and commercial legal technology market trends that may provide benefit to the firm. Making recommendations to Global Technology leadership to ensure technology department initiatives are deployed successfully.
- Managing technology support help desk and performance of daily operations activities, including hardware and software installation, asset management, systems configuration and resource scheduling. Interacting with manufacturers’ technical support staff as required.
- Managing the hiring, development, and performance of the Technology staff in New York through structured training, interviewing, motivation, supervision and coaching; leading and supporting them in their professional and career development efforts.
- In collaboration with Team Leads, Supervisors, and/or Managers, using service management tools for tracking service level agreements, managing service workflows and measuring customer satisfaction and engagement, as well as drafting messages and delivering presentations for various audiences.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (i.e. organizing, consulting, planning, problem-solving, and independent decision making) necessary for effective management and interaction with people at all organizational levels of the firm.
- Demonstrable knowledge of utilizing team building, coaching and motivational skills within a customer service focused environment.
- Demonstrable service and delivery management skills, including performance/process analysis, reporting and optimization (e.g. ITIL v2/v3).
- An Undergraduate degree or equivalent. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or related field is preferred.
- Extensive experience in leading teams to ensure team and individual performance levels meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Five (5) years managing a Technology support team.
- Five (5) years providing technology service delivery management in a standards-based (e.g. ITIL) environment.
Compensation & Benefits
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding career opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also receive a generous and competitive total compensation package. The salary range for this role is $190,000 - $250,000 and represents the firm’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, and location. Discretionary bonuses may be awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance — and profit-sharing partnership contributions to 401(k) accounts may be given based on firm performance.
Comprehensive and best-in-class benefits support employees through every stage of life:
- Healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- Well-being programs (e.g. mental health services, mindfulness and resiliency, medical resources, well-being events, and more)
- Generous 401(k) plan and firm-paid basic life and disability insurance
- Extensive resources for parents and caregivers
- Family building and fertility resources
- And much more!
In addition, employees receive:
- 11 paid holidays per year and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure
- Ongoing professional development and career support, including bespoke training and leadership development programs, firm-paid access to LinkedIn Learning courses, and career coaching.
- Peer networking, mentoring, and professional support through our eight global staff affinity groups.
Additionally, we have a range of diversity programming including Global Affinity Groups. These groups provide a firmwide platform to share experiences and advice as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm even better.
← return to listings