As a Senior Enterprise Application Analyst - Platform, you will be responsible for research, development, implementation, and maintenance of the endpoint security and remote access platforms used by all attorneys and staff. This individual will have a key role in protecting the firm’s electronic data and workstation systems from internal and external threats. He or she will work independently and may be the project lead on large scale software or hardware deployments. Additionally, he or she will find new and innovative solutions for existing challenges and current platforms. This includes desktop and notebook systems, endpoint security tools, operating systems (Microsoft Windows), and other 3rd party applications in use at the firm, as well as these other critical functions:
- Designing software solutions for all facets of attorney’s work, including document generation, research, client billing, business development, and analysis and fact finding.
- Utilizing technical creativity to identify and implement additional enhancements and new software solutions for our legal professionals and administrative departments.
- Developing, testing, documenting, and maintaining default system configurations for desktop computers, notebook computers and remote access solutions in use firm wide.
- Installing, maintaining, and upgrading software for all users within the firm. Making recommendations to their manager regarding setting of standards for firm software and desktop/notebook configurations.
- Producing training materials and delivering training to regional trainers, the Global Technology Support Center, and to end-users regarding specialized applications.
- Troubleshooting software problems for firm users as they relate to firm-wide, departmentally driven technology projects.
- Providing additional end-user technical support as needed.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies; reviewing appropriate periodicals and journals; working with Practice Support staff to assess training and development needs.
- Researching and evaluating applications on the market applicable to remote computing and to the legal profession. Making recommendations to the firm regarding new applications.
- Coordinating with other areas/departments where overlap exists to develop efficient procedures/communications to streamline processes and satisfy various department needs.
- Managing and completing projects on various issues when needed.
- Assisting and mentoring junior level team members.
As a Senior Enterprise Application Analyst - Platform, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Senior Enterprise Application Analyst - Platform must have knowledge and proficiency in a wide variety of software programs, including Microsoft Windows Enterprise, Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), with managing endpoint security platforms, of various remote communication methodologies, including Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Remote Desktop Services (RDS), RSA SecurID technology and VPN, and of common scripting technologies, including but not limited to PowerShell, VBS and batch files. Experience with unattended software deployment tools is a plus. Experience working with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Remote Desktop Services (RDS), with installations and upgrades, training, and technical documentation, and working with remote communications hardware including wireless networks, firewalls, gateways, routers and VPN is required. Experience administering a Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007 or 2012 or similar environment is desired.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or appropriate work experience is required. Five (5) years’ experience building and managing endpoint security platforms including, but not limited to, Anti-Virus, Application Control, DLP and Web Filtering along with two (2) years’ experience providing upper-level support, training, or mentoring for other technology department personnel is required. Five (5) years’ experience in desktop and notebook hardware/software support role is desired. Two (2) years’ experience creating and maintaining a desktop virtualization environment (VDI) or other remote access environment, VMWare experience is a plus.
← return to listings