The Senior End User Computing Engineer is part of a team of engineers who architect, design, build, maintain, and support the Firm’s computing experience worldwide. This team develops and implements strategies to optimize the performance and availability of end-user computing devices.
With the objective of delivering a technology experience that is reliable, easy to use, secure, and efficient, the Senior End User Computing Engineer takes a lead role in ensuring the smooth operation and integration of standard technology solutions on the Firm’s workstations and devices across all offices.
The combination of technical acumen with a relentless customer focus, communication skills, and a desire to help prevent / resolve issues enables the Senior End User Computing Engineer to deliver a gold-standard experience to the Firm.
Education & Credentials
- College degree is strongly preferred, ideally in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical discipline.
- Appropriate technical certification(s) are preferred (e.g., Microsoft Certified IT Professional, CompTIA A+).
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience, ideally in a large Law Firm setting, a comparable professional services organization, or a legal information services provider.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages to automate end-user computing functions (e.g., Perl, Python, VB).
- Demonstrated experience with current workstation hardware, software, operating systems, network protocols, and network hardware.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Server and MECM platforms, devices, and networking.
- Demonstrated experience with installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and using Windows operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience with end-user computing products, systems, and protocols such as Windows server and desktop installation, configuration, and management, including user profiles, network addressing, VLANS, DNS / DHCP and
- Demonstrated experience with providing Windows technical support to users.
- Demonstrated experience with providing operating system support, managing network connectivity, and performing performance troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated experience supporting virtual desktop environments.
- Experience with firewalls and security-related issues.
- Experience with group policies (e.g., Microsoft Active Directory).
- Working knowledge of data communications, network planning and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the delivery of the full lifecycle of the Firm’s computing experience, ranging from strategic planning through into operational support and maintenance in partnership with the End User Computing Portfolio Manager.
- Leads the technical design of the Firm’s end user computing experience, serving as a primary point of contact for cross-functional technical teams.
- Provides hands-on technical support for all computer and user-related needs, including troubleshooting desktop support issues, coordinating equipment installations, upgrades, and moves.
- Assists in providing computer support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Analyzes applications, network, and system operations and efficiency to support Firm functions and deliverables.
- Assigns application access, manages security roles, and ensures that configurations are within standards.
- Monitors and reports on compliance with application licenses to ensure compliance with licensing requirements.
- Monitors the service desk ticketing system (e.g., ServiceNow) and researches / resolves/ closes user incidents within predefined service level agreements (SLAs).
- Supports Firm needs related to word processing, document management, portable document format (PDF) creation, document comparison, and legal research tools.
Duties and Responsibilities (continued):
- Assists with testing new and different software and hardware applications to analyze viability for system enhancements to meet the Firm’s business requirements.
- Keeps current on new developments and techniques in information technology to stay abreast of the changing technology landscape.
- Assists with creating, managing, and implementing group policies (e.g., Active Directory).
- Coordinates installation / de-installation and updates / alterations of business systems and devices to ensure clear communication across software, applications, and hardware over a variety of networks.
- Leads the evaluation of security software and ensures that desktop applications remain stable to perform within acceptable limits.
- Leads the deployment of operating systems and applications to all Firm workstations and devices.
- Leads the development of strategic procedures, upgrades, and OS images.
- Mentors junior engineering and technical staff, supporting their growth and development.
- Acts as a liaison with other IT support team members to resolve requests / issues in a timely manner and ensure proper documentation, notification, escalation tracking, and follow-up of all incidents and requests.
- Configures and maintains back-ups of all computer systems.
- Proactively monitors the performance of application software and makes approved
← return to listings