The Senior Business Applications Engineer is responsible for delivering IT business applications and solutions to enhance critical business operations, provide the Firm with differentiating capabilities, and enable lawyer and staff effectiveness.
This position takes a lead role in the full system lifecycle of business applications, including participation in requirements gathering sessions, design, development, testing, deployment, support, maintenance, and possibly retirement or replacement. The Senior Engineer directly supports the Business Applications Portfolio Manager, serving as a mentor to junior engineering staff.
The combination of technical acumen with a relentless customer focus, communication skills, and a desire to help prevent / resolve issues enables the Business Applications Engineer to deliver a gold-standard experience to the Firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Business Applications Portfolio Manager to deliver the full lifecycle of the Firm’s business application solutions that enable practice and support functional objectives, ranging from strategic planning through into operational support and maintenance.
- Participates in strategic roadmapping for the Firm’s business applications portfolio of solutions and services, maintaining close partnership with the Firm’s functional leaders, IT leadership, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Leads the translation of business requirements into system design plans, incorporating system specifications, application architecture, data import / export functions, conversion issues, reports, and other functions.
- Defines, designs, codes / configures, tests, debugs, implements, and supports complex, object-oriented, multi-tier distributed software applications.
- Develops code and/or configuration in accordance with technical designs and to standards set by the Business Applications Portfolio Manager and architect leads.
- Provides technical leadership on business application projects.
- Supports mission-critical systems and IT business applications as assigned.
- Creates and maintains documentation for all aspects of software implementation, including timelines, system schematics and diagrams, business recovery procedures, and user documentation.
Click Here to Apply Qualifications:
Education & Credentials
- College degree is strongly preferred, ideally in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical discipline.
- Appropriate technical certification(s) are preferred.
← return to listings