PROGRAMMER / ANALYST 2
The Programmer/Analyst 2 is responsible for designing and developing database-driven business solutions for the Firm and its clients. System development will be accomplished using a wide range of Microsoft tools and products including Visual Studio.Net, SQL, and SharePoint. Full lifecycle responsibility, from initial design through implementation, including on-going support, is expected. As part of a software development team, the successful candidate will consult on, design, program and implement solutions for information management, workflow and knowledge management serving the Firm's practice groups and administrative departments. This includes maintaining and supporting existing internal SharePoint websites, application systems and programs, designing and implementing improvements to various systems, and integrating and customizing third-party software within our existing application environment.
- 4-6 years’ experience with demonstrated recent ability to design, develop, deploy and support business applications using Microsoft’s Visual Studio .NET MVC, VB Script and JAVA Script, HTML, and/or XML/XSLT.
- 1-2 years’ experience developing applications for or supporting Microsoft SharePoint.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop solutions to business problems including workflow and information management systems.
- Strong SQL skills such as writing stored procedures, triggers, etc. required.
- Microsoft SQL Server administration a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to support third party legal or business applications including but not limited to docketing, forms generation, legal recruiting, legal research, document management and, conference scheduling.
- Thorough understanding of application lifecycle process.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be highly motivated, analytical, organized and efficient.
- Excellent problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills required.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Previous law firm or professional services experience preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) for Microsoft .NET preferred.
- College degree in information systems or other technical discipline preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assessing business processes and providing technological solutions or improvements to meet business needs.
- Translating business requirements into system design plans, including system specifications, application architecture, data import/export functions, conversion issues, reporting and other functions.
- Developing applications for SharePoint including workflow and forms services.
- Providing technical leadership on software development projects as part of a development Team.
- Providing support to mission-critical systems and applications as assigned.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining IIS and SharePoint.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for all aspects of software implementation, including timelines, system schematics and diagrams, business recovery procedures and user documentation.
- Troubleshooting problems and developing practical solutions.
- Ensuring that software upgrades and patches are evaluated and implemented in a timely manner.
- Working with developers, business users, and other IT department staff to perform and coordinate the planning, testing, and implementation of database and application upgrades as needed.
- Maintaining skills consistent with current programming and database technology.
← return to listings