PROGRAMMER / ANALYST 2 (Business Applications)
The Programmer/Analyst 2 is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting database-driven business applications for the Firm and its clients. The PA2’s workload is split between projects and day-to-day operations. The PA2 plays an integral role in analyzing new business requirements and offering innovative solutions to solve new challenges. The PA2 also provides day-to-day support of the current portfolio of applications to ensure they are functioning as expected. This role requires knowledge of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), and the successful candidate applies best practices in working directly with users AND building/maintaining technical solutions that address the business need..
Qualifications: Technical Experience:
A minimum of 2 year programming or scripting experience with Visual Basic, C#, Windows Powershell, or T-SQL.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience developing, monitoring, and troubleshooting batch procedures, SQL stored procedures, and scripts.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience maintaining and supporting commercial off the shelf applications and the integrations that enable data exchange between them.
- 2 years' experience supporting large enterprise financial systems in a professional services environment is preferred.
- Experience with legal centric technologies like 3E, ChromeRiver Expense/Invoice Management, Equitrac Cost Recovery or, time working with comparable solutions is a plus.
- Familiarity with service desk systems like ServiceNow or Remedy to manage and resolved incidents.
- Administration experience with Windows 2012 Server, and/or SQL Server. Knowledge of tools like SSMS, RDP, PUTTY, SFTP, IIS a plus.
- Technical support experience helpful.
- Previous exposure to a law firm environment beneficial.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect business requirements and translate them into detailed designs, including system specifications, data import/export functions, workflow diagrams and schematics, batch processing needs, and reporting functions.
- Develop implementation plans including timelines, deliverables and project milestones. Create and maintain documentation for all aspects of software implementation.
- Code technical solutions and draft/execute thorough test plans to ensure overall solution is fully tested prior to deploying to production.
- Prepare or coordinate end-user documentation and training for customized applications as needed.
- Provision accounts and assign security roles to users as needed for individual applications.
- Coordinate and work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve product issues.
- Keep abreast of current technology and review functionality of software applications and tools for applicability to support legal work and technology initiatives within the Firm. Make recommendations concerning software applications and tools to support same.
- Respond to incidents and apply structured troubleshooting techniques to resolve problems.
- Monitor the daily batch schedule and address errors in a timely manner to minimize disruption to business services.
- Maintain a high level of customer/end-user satisfaction with support services rendered.
- Ensure that software upgrades and patches are evaluated and implemented in a timely manner.
- Maintain system and support documentation.
← return to listings