The Program Manager manages the IT solutions for his/her designated business process area – in this case, the area of Learning/Training and Human Capital Management (Core Human Resources, Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance Management, Time and Attendance, Employee Self Service, Benefits Administration, Reporting/Analytics, etc.). Working closely with the Senior Program Manager of this business process area, the Program Manager has accountability for all aspects of their program – solution fit to business needs, user acceptance and adoption, security, technical soundness and robustness, ROI/cost, time to delivery, prioritization of features, etc. This role works with the Senior Program Manager to create the technology roadmap for their area and submits budget requests for the needed projects to achieve the objectives for the area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work across departments to gather and understand the varying perspectives on the program and its solutions – business function, user, technology, security, etc.
- Stay current with trends in their assigned area – both in terms of business trends and technology trends that influence the area. Maintain awareness of best practices and competitive intelligence of what other firms are doing in this area.
- Based on the above, determine the short- and long-term roadmaps for their program – adjusting over time as priorities and technologies change. Communicate and socialize the roadmap to achieve executive buy-in.
- Make key tradeoff, risk, and other critical decisions to do the “right” thing for the program, taking into account all perspectives.
- Champion change and innovation in the area – socializing a forward-thinking program of projects and program roadmap.
- Determine skills needed, roles needed, and create and organize project teams based on resource estimates from the resource owners (Business Analysts, Developers, Architects, Project Managers, etc.) Resolve resource, timing or other conflicts between projects and groups.
- Other duties as required.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading programs of projects balancing a variety of perspectives and interests
- A minimum of 2 years of experience creating and managing product roadmaps, including enhancement and other user requests
- Demonstrated experience in multiple IT-related functional disciplines (e.g. two or more of: Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Security, Quality Assurance, etc.)
- Executive presentation skills
- Experience with Human Capital Management systems (Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle HCM, etc.)
- Experience in current technology trends
- Law firm experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Management Information Systems
← return to listings