• Acts as point of contact with litigation support vendors for cases. Logs, documents, and maintains files on all communications with litigation support vendors.
• Logs all technical decisions related to management of the litigation support project.
• Logs, documents and maintains files on all requests from case teams. Collaborates with Senior Practice Technology Project Managers to provide consultation and recommendations to case teams on best practices in case automation and project management.
• Advises, trains and assists case teams in the use of litigation systems.
• Coordinates technical work with vendors.
• Provides quality control regarding all aspects of technical work on electronic discovery projects.
• As required by the case team, searches databases, prints reports, prepares custom reports and logs, modifies and codes data, prints and organizes images.
• Coordinates production of electronic documents in consultation vendors
• Monitors and keeps up-to-date all litigation support tracking databases.
• Consults with case teams to effectively develop and apply technical strategies, requirements and goals in order to develop and implement eDiscovery Project Plans including data collection, processing, document production and trial.
• Develops and adheres to firm protocol to properly document eDiscovery project plans including workflows, role and task assignments, estimates, time tables and process improvements.
• Consults with client's general counsel and their Information Technology group regarding technical and logistical issues related to eDiscovery.
• Develops cost estimates and advises on maximizing efficiencies and cost reductions.
• Works closely with the legal team to help develop, manage and automate the technical components of trial preparation.
• Develops eDiscovery data processing and production specifications for vendors and/or analysts to meet legal requirements.
• Leads planning and implementation of Practice Technology’s internal operational initiatives for process improvement and standardization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative things to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
• Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate information with tact and courtesy as well as follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing regarding technical matters with attorneys, case teams, other technical staff, and vendors.
• Ability to provide quality client service to both internal and external contacts, regarding technical matters of a complex nature. Requires patience and creative problem solving.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts.
• Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of litigation support and technical systems such as Ringtail, Concordance, IPRO, West Case Notebook, Sanction, Relativity and MS Access.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education. The following certifications are preferred:
• Project Management Professional
• Relativity Administration Certification.
The position requires a minimum of two (2) years of directly related experience managing litigation support projects during which knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position were demonstrated.
Experience in a law firm environment preferred.
← return to listings