Small prominent law firm seeks a full-time Paralegal / Legal Assistant with excellent and blue
book cite-checking skills. Successful candidate will work closely with a team of renowned lawyers and
other employees. Candidate must have solid academic credentials, excellent skills in communications,
proofreading, and research. Candidate must have a strong desire to grow professionally in the legal
environment and the ability to learn specific firm processes. Position is non-exempt and requires
working a minimum of 3 days on-site per work week.
• Work closely with and provide general support to attorneys.
• Actively and attentively listen to and report on regulatory commission meetings.
• Respond to research requests.
• Maintain case document databases.
• Assist in the preparation of briefs and pleadings, consisting largely of cite-checking/proofreading.
• Identify and assemble documents relevant to case issues.
• Monitor cases and agency filings for attorneys and clients.
• Prepare reports for attorneys and clients on industry trends, updates and deadlines.
• Participate in team discussions of case strategies.
• Assist in discovery and trial preparation.
• BA/BS degree with excellent academic credentials.
• Proficient blue book cite checking ability.
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical, writing, and proofreading skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Research experience is a must.
• Litigation experience in a law firm environment a plus.
• Willingness to take responsibility for assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience.
• Must be available to work Monday-Friday in a collegial, teamwork environment and be flexible
for overtime when needed.
← return to listings