Network Services Manager
Information Technology Services (ITS)
Objective The Network Services Manager will lead the technology support teams located in a region in which the firm operates. The Network Services Manager will need to be very much hands on with the firm’s user facing and back-end systems, and will need to serve as the primary escalation point for complex information technology issues that arise within the technology infrastructure across the firm offices. Duties & Responsibilities
· Supervise the network engineering and administration teams, as well as more junior IT managers in offices around the world.
· Manage technology infrastructure projects from project planning, mobilization, implementation and operation
· Manage day to day departmental activities and facilitate the resolution of technical problems
· Research and recommend potential departmental and technology improvements to senior management in operational outcomes
· Consult with various practice group leaders regarding technology specific to their areas
· Ensure the daily operational integrity of all firm wide network services, including:
o User Services
§ Mobile communications
§ VPN services
§ Video Conferencing
§ Voice communications
§ Backup Systems
§ Intrusion Prevention
§ Hardware Inventory
· Serve as an escalation point for very complex problems
· Technological visionary
· Take ownership of technological problems and see them through to resolution
- Leading medium size teams toward common goals
- Cisco networking software (IOS, NX-OS)
- Cisco ASA 5500 series appliances (9.x and above), with emphasis on WebVPN and IPSec VPN services.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 is required.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Extensive experience with Microsoft IIS
- Extensive experience with RSA, VPN, Cisco ASA, HP Systems Insight Manager
- Extensive experience with Citrix Presentation Server, Citrix XenApp, Citrix Web Interface is required.
- Extensive experience with VMWare ESX/ESXi 5.x and above
- Extensive experience with virtualized resources in a SAN environment
- Familiarity with network backup architectures and procedures
- Notable experience with shared storage technologies: Fibre Channel, iSCSI
- Experience with Cisco’s Unified Communications portfolio
- Experience with law firm environment preferred, but not required
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and associated routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, floating static routes)
- Must be able to work both independently and be a team player
- Must be dependable
- Must be able to reliably deal with multiple competing priorities
Requirements 12+ years of hands on technical experience with a broad array of business computing technologies. The ability to manage medium sized, complex information systems and technical personnel. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Proven experience working in a fast paced environment. The ability to remain calm under pressure. Excellent follow through and attention to detail.
Position requires access to equipment, software, or technology that is subject to U.S. export controls. To be granted access pursuant to US Export Control laws, candidate must be either (a) a United States citizen or national; (b) a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence of the United States (i.e., “Green Card” holder); or (c) an INS-approved refugee or asylum holder who has applied for naturalization within six months of the date the individual first became eligible; and if not yet naturalized, is still actively pursuing naturalization if 2 years have passed since the date of application to be granted access pursuant to US Export Control laws. Candidates will be required to submit appropriate documentation to determine whether access can be granted before proceeding further through the application process. Education/
· BS Computer Science/Information Systems required
· Cisco CCNP required
· Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer required
· VMWare Certification preferred
Note: As with all positions the Network Services Manager will be required to perform other duties as deemed necessary and assigned by the ITS Director or Firm Management.
← return to listings