The Network Operations Manager plays a vital role with implementing, supporting, and managing the firm’s Windows server, Nimble SAN and Cisco switched network environment. The ideal candidate will be forward-thinking, resourceful, and have an ability to develop short and long-term strategic plans surrounding the application of network technologies within the law firm environment.
About the Position
Under the direction of the Director of Technical Operations, the Network Operations Manager will work to design, implement, and maintain the firm’s current and next generation of network systems that support the delivery of the firm’s legal services. The Network Operations Manager will also be responsible for supervising a four (4) member engineering team.
Core responsibilities include:
- Design and implement short and long-term strategic plans to make certain network, SAN and compute capacities meet existing and future requirements
- Devise and develop appropriate technology architecture to support system and functional requirements.
- Maintain a 99.9% uptime ratio for network and enterprise systems
- Negotiate with vendors, business partners, and contractors to procure network products and services.
- Create and maintain documentation on technical installation and maintenance of the network
- Oversee network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation
- Monitor network security to protect against external, internal, and/or programmatic attacks
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports
- Maintain Active Directory (DHCP, DNS) and group policies within a Windows networking environment
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers and data, including SAN, e-mail, database, web, print, virtual (VMware), remote access and backup technologies, and their associated operating systems and software
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware, equipment, and solutions including WAN, routers, switches, UPSs, etc.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, intrusion detection systems and data loss preventions solutions
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of disaster recovery and business continuity solutions
- Support department staff as needed to troubleshoot technical application integration issues
About the Person
The successful candidate should possess seven (7) or more years of relevant experience in a law firm or professional services environment, a college degree (preferred), and a minimum of two (2) years of direct supervisory experience. Windows MCSE and/or CCNA certifications are a plus.
The candidate should also be able to demonstrate experience with the following platforms and environments:
- Windows 2012/2016 server, Windows 10 workstation, and networking experience in a complex, multi-vendor network environment
- Cisco switches, routers and wireless controllers
- VOIP, Cisco Unified Communications
- Cisco UCS platform
- SAN’s and Storage Management
- Hands-on experience with DNS, DHCP and Group Policies in Active Directory.
- Experience with load balancing. Citrix Netscaler desired.
- Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Virtual environments with Vmware vSphere Enterprise, Operations and Update Management and vCenter 6.5
- Network security with Windows 2012/2016 servers, Cisco switching & routing and Checkpoint firewalls
- Experience with WAN technologies, circuit activation, turn up and cutover
- Citrix Xenapp 7.9 Virtual Desktop and Application hosting desired
- Veeam Backup and Replication desired
In addition, the ideal candidate will be self-motivated and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and a positive attitude. The successful candidate will also the following characteristics and capabilities:
- Highly skilled in analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving problems, while providing documentation for future reference
- Excellent customer service skills and a willingness to collaborate with others
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in and out of a team environment
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently, prioritize assignments, and multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail in work product
- Flexibility and willingness to respond to issues during and outside of core business hours
← return to listings