NETWORK MANAGER (Newark)
The Network Manager is responsible for the implementation and operation of technology infrastructure deployed within the Firm, which includes data center, network/server infrastructure services, service monitoring, and related software & Services. This position is operationally responsible for ensuring the availability, integrity, and security for all IT networking/server infrastructure within the data center and for the day to day management of the Network/infrastructure team. The position also requires that the individual as a strong working technical knowledge of Cisco networking, in addition, knowledge of Citrix and Citrix netscaler would be beneficial.
Plans and oversees the work of assigned staff and contractors; supervises, evaluates and provides performance and project feedback; establishes performance requirements and personal development targets; regularly monitors staff performance and provides coaching for performance improvement and development.
Supervises and participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, policies, systems and procedures to achieve long-range and annual goals, objectives and work standards.
Provide flexible and scalable levels of service and technical assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Develop strong relationships with peers to ensure services and solutions meet their needs and establish measures, processes, service levels, and reporting procedures to ensure repeatable operations.
Provide an environment of predictable services, managed data capacity and planning, proactive service and system troubleshooting, and rapid response.
Development of enterprise standards and technology architecture and the IT operations governance process.
Experience with comprehensive disaster recovery architecture and operations, including storage area network and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures.
Manage the infrastructure and technology change control process ensuring that change is effectively transitioned to the production environment via the agreed Operations acceptance criteria.
Leadership - effective planning and communication of business objectives to employees, ensuring staff understand the current environment and its boundaries as well as facilitating future changes.
Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for all Firm Server, Storage and Datacenter based operations throughout the Enterprise
- Responsible for all Firm LAN/WAN and associated Networking systems
- Responsible for analyzing network needs and contributing to the design of network architecture, integration, and installation
- Responsible for designing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining the stability and performance of the server environment including but not limited to Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, MDM, Citrix, and VMWare.
- Responsible for the storage subsystems, replication, backup, restore, and disaster recovery
- Responsible for managing the Network group and related projects
- Responsible for keeping all Firm production systems online with minimal disruption in service
- Responsible for maintaining all Firm production systems up to date with security and software patches, drivers, firmware and updates
- Responsible for managing the Firm Primary and Secondary Datacenter locations all associated
- Responsible for establishing, controlling, and monitoring system access and security
- Responsible for network and server performance monitoring and capacity planning
- Responsible for data protection implementations including antivirus and antimalware
- Responsible for data security processes including e-mail encryption, file encryption, and two-factor authentication
- Coordinates M&E and third party maintenance and monthly downtime
- Prepares and maintains documentation of network, server, and datacenter design, configuration, and procedures
- Monitor the network and all mission critical systems on a daily basis for upkeep and performance
- Work with 3rd party vendors to implement and upgrade to new technology solutions
- Work with the Director of Information Technology on the overall strategy for the Network design and implementation
- Help construct the Network yearly budget
- Interact with other IT groups to implement backend systems as needed
- Manage and mentor the Network personnel
- Work with other team leaders to provide cross training for the department maintain and update system documentation for all Application systems
- Researches trends, products, and services for the purpose of recommending procedural updates and/or purchases
- Responds to emergency situations as needed for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns
- Maintains warranty and support contracts for all related systems
- Provide annual evaluations and professional guidance for Network team members
Training and Experience
- Minimum 7 years of server and network experience, with 3+ in a supervisor or a lead Network role
- Experience with implementing large enterprise systems: LAN/WAN/SAN
- Experience in a legal environment preferred
Knowledge, Abilities and Skill
- Excellent communication, organization, and writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Servers, VMware ESX, Citrix XenApp, Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Exchange, LAN/WAN, and Networking concepts
- Expert in troubleshooting Network and Systems based problems and extreme familiarity with Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, wireless, SAN/NAS storage, Cisco UCS, and Dell server hardware
- Excellent knowledge of datacenter technologies and design conventions
- Familiarity with power, cooling, and fire suppression systems with relation to datacenter management
- Strong communication, organization, and writing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- 24/7 emergency response capabilities
Note: While the list of essential duties is intended to be as inclusive as possible, there may be other duties, which are essential to particular positions within the class.
Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
← return to listings