You will work as a member of the Global Technology department to assist with the deployment and support of technology and information services across the firm. The Network Engineer will be responsible for assisting with the support, design, testing, implementation, and maintenance of LAN/WAN equipment, services, Wireless services and Security in a fast-paced, high-impact environment while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Assisting the Supervisor with planning and implementing firm-wide network upgrade and migration activity as it relates to internetworking.
- Providing solutions to further enhance the stability and reliability of the enterprise network.
- Providing support for all relevant technologies and services, including but not limited to Cisco IP telephony, Data/Voice Circuits, Cisco LAN/WAN infrastructure, Data Center design, Security, Wireless and Remote Access technologies.
- Coordinating the management of data, voice telecommunications suppliers, and subscribed services, including but not limited to circuit ordering, coordinated maintenance, problem resolution, and performance monitoring.
- Assisting the Supervisor with security audits and required changes.
- Maintaining a high-availability network environment including the installation, configuration, maintenance of network management tools.
- Coordinating with relevant internal groups and direct managers to ensure that global configuration standards are maintained for all areas of responsibility.
- Assisting with internal technology training for Internetworking Analyst.
- Creating, maintaining, and amending technical documentation as required.
- Maintaining inventory of spare networking hardware. Maintaining and tracking associated software and firmware revisions and patches to keep to global standards.
- Offering escalation support for end-user and help-desk functions.
- Providing out-of-hours support of global technology infrastructure as needed.
- Assisting the Supervisor with validation of project requirements, defining project scope, developing schedules and producing detailed designs for projects.
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers
As a Network Engineer, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The Engineer must also display the analytical skills needed to troubleshoot a variety of symptoms, diagnose problems, and test, recommend and implement solutions to technology problems as well as the organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
A Bachelor's degree or Higher Education Diploma in Information Technology or related field is desired. Equivalent work experience can be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree. Cisco Certification is a plus.
The successful Network Engineer must have at least 8 years of experience in at least two of the following and strong knowledge in all other areas:
- IP Internetwork and LAN Switching
- WAN circuits and protocols (Ethernet, MPLS)
- Dynamic IP Routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP)
- Cisco hardware and operating systems (IOS, CatOS, NX-OS)
- High Availability protocols
- Stateful firewall, SSL & VPN
- Wireless technologies
- Virtualization technologies, both networking (Nexus1kv) and compute (VMWare)
- Internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment
- Large-scale network design skills (room design, cabling, APC)
- Network management, network availability and capacity planning
- WAN optimization
- Cisco voice technologies
The Engineer must be able to lift, carry, and move networking equipment. Occasional travel is required.
← return to listings