The Network Engineer will manage the day-to-day operations of the Firm’s data and communications network infrastructure. This individual is accountable and responsible for the maintenance, support, and monitoring of the wide area network, local area networks, and videoconference infrastructure. This person will also participate in the design of the data and communications network architecture and will investigate, research, and recommend new technologies in networking and security. Performance tuning skills and optimizing the data network are essential to the success. This individual must provide technical leadership in network and telecommunications planning, engineering, and architecture. This position reports to the Director of IT Infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network related issues to support daily business needs.
- Plan, implement and support network solutions between multiple platforms using industry standard practices.
- Install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot all LAN/WAN.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot some security hardware and software.
- Maintain and configure QoS for voice, video and data on the WAN.
- Perform proactive maintenance of all network and security hardware.
- Produce quality technical documentation of change and configuration management, network diagrams, and to support project scope/s of work.
- Mitigate information security events and work with external security providers.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Cisco certification preferred or relevant experience.
- 6-8 years of experience in a legal or professional services environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, MPLS, Layer 2 and Layer 3, and very strong knowledge of Internet protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Senior level experience with Cisco switches and routers as well as Cisco WAN optimization (WAAS).
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls and SSL VPNs.
- Expertise with VLANs, switching and routing protocols including HSRP, VTP, STP, BGP, and EIGRP.
- Equivalent experience levels required for Network Management (Syslog, SNMP, SolarWinds), Security, and Project Management.
- Strong Cisco IP Telephony knowledge with video conferencing experience and other high bandwidth real time applications, as well as Quality of Service (QoS) configuration and management.
- Knowledge of Cisco’s Meraki wireless technology.
- Knowledge of Cisco’s Catalyst, Merkai and Nexxus switch technology.
- Strong knowledge of the Windows platform with ability to effectively troubleshoot network related issues on PCs employing the Windows 7 operating system.
- Experience in the implementation and design of the corporate Structured Cabling System.
- Strong knowledge of Internetworking principles and protocols in a TCP/IP, Windows environment including SMTP, VLAN's, H.323, Layer 2 & 3 switching, routing, HSRP and DNS.
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications services and circuitry including the following: VoIP and SIP.
- Hands on knowledge of all Cisco routing and switching IOS.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment, prioritize multiple projects on a daily basis, and adjust to shifting priorities.
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and a high-energy level.
- Facility analyzing, working with and presenting data.
- Ability to collaborate and gain the respect, trust and confidence of the Firm’s attorneys and professional staff.
- Possess a “hands-on” tactical approach.
- Creative and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Facilitate teamwork and identify opportunities to develop new processes/infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and implement new concepts quickly.
← return to listings