Responsible for the implementation, maintenance and support of all firm messaging systems including the enterprise mobile device management platform. Focuses on lifecycle management of systems to ensure the stability and continued growth of the Mail/Messaging environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Leads the planning and implementation of all firm’s mobile device platforms.
- Contributes in the design and architecture of all messaging platforms.
- Ensures smooth integration of all disparate messaging platforms.
- Provides technical support on all messaging systems.
- Prepares and maintains critical support documentation that will assist in the maintenance of all messaging systems.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assist Engineers, Application Support and Project Leads in the understanding and troubleshooting of all messaging platforms, including mobile device management.
- Leads efforts that improve the quality and availability of the messaging environment.
- Proactively pursues any potential issues and/or single points of failure to mitigate and/or remove any identified risks.
- Remains current on Blackberry, Mobile Iron, MS Exchange, Windows, Active Directory, and other related messaging technologies including Symantec MessageLabs.
- Shared on-call responsibilities on a 7x24x365 basis.
- After hours work as required.
- Contributes to the Firm's Service Excellence initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Windows/Exchange clustering (Active/Passive, DAG), Exchange journaling and archiving technologies, Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions, and Active Directory, MS Active Directory Certificate Services, MS Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
- Proficient in Apple IOS, Mobile Iron, Blackberry BES12 and mobile device technologies. As well as DNS, and TCP/IP networks.
- Understanding of Symantec Enterprise Vault or other archiving technologies.
- Proficient ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of management on technical topics.
- Strong ability to initiate and complete efforts with minimal direction and guidance.
- Strong ability to present technical information to peers and other IT staff.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills.
- Ability to analyze and balance priorities, resources, constraints and alternatives to make sound decisions and recommendations.
- Strong ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and projects in a demanding environment.
- BS. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- MCSE Certification preferred
- 7+ years of diverse work experience in Information Technology
- 5 or more years’ experience with Mobile Device Management technologies in an enterprise environment as well as Microsoft Exchange and Windows servers
← return to listings