Our Los Angeles office has an opening for a Manager, Network Operations for the night shift.
The Manager, Network Operations supervises the Network Operations Center staff and associated infrastructure environment. This includes, but is not limited to Firm-wide Wide Area Network circuits, Internet connectivity, general networking equipment, datacenter environmental metrics, and associated server and application systems.
In this capacity, the Manager, Network Operations will:
- Oversee the Network Operations team; Set strategic goals and overall policies; Ensure teams’ continuous professional development; Analyze teams’ results and provide related reports to management;
- Working with the Senior Manager of Infrastructure Engineering and Network Operations team supervisor, oversee operational activities of the 24x365 Network Operations Center.
- Manage all firm-wide infrastructure monitoring and health-check systems;
- Manage local and remote datacenter/co-location affairs;
- Ensure server systems maintain current operational and security software patches;
- Work beyond scheduled hours as required, in particular during regional monthly maintenance events;
- Manage documentation and reporting for operations activities, inventory, and security compliance purposes;
- Vendor management, for software tools and other infrastructure systems;
- Incident-management and communication, and escalation management for service-impacting events; and
- Handle additional related projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent (preferred);
- At least 10 years of business experience;
- At least 5 years of management experience;
- At least 3 years of experience in a strategic role;
- Advanced level network and server engineering knowledge;
- Expert level general infrastructure knowledge; and
- Advanced knowledge of infrastructure management tools from Microsoft and open-source platforms
← return to listings