Litigation Technology Specialist
Under the supervision of the Practice Technology Services Director and, the direction of a Litigation Technology Services Project Manager, the Specialist is responsible for creating, maintaining and troubleshooting litigation support databases and trial presentation software and hardware.
- Operating litigation technology systems with an emphasis on Relativity, LawPreDiscovery, TrialDirector and the CaseMap suite. He/She must understand key concepts of electronic discovery and the EDRM model.
- Handling complex projects, implementing quality assurance steps in the processing and production phases and, assisting and guiding firm case teams when they encounter technical obstacles.
- Assisting with in-house eDiscovery support by developing recommendations, plans, cost estimates, budgets, procedures, and specifications for case-specific eDiscovery project and acting as a liaison between a firm’s case teams, eDiscovery vendors, and corporate clients.
- Ability to work within scheduling constraints in high pressure situations is critical, and handling multiple priorities working under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
Skills and Requirements:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience, technology or paralegal focus is preferred. Minimum of four years of experience in a Litigation Support position.
- Minimum of four years direct technical working experience with industry leading litigation support software (e.g. Relativity, Summation, Concordance, IPRO, TextMap, TimeMap, Trial Director, CaseMap, Law PreDiscovery, NUIX and MS Access).
- Knowledge of handling, processing and manipulating large volumes of electronic data for purposes of loading into a litigation support database.
- Familiarity with the litigation process and procedures from initial filing through trial.
- Strong technical skills with operating systems and demonstrated experience with troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Experience processing data through eDiscovery packages such as Law PreDiscovery.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent research and development skills.
- Ability to work with deadlines and stressful situations.
- Willingness to be available during business off-hours.
← return to listings