The Litigation Support Technician will assist with large scale projects related to the Firm’s legal technology solutions by providing consultative support and applying project management strategies to manage matters efficiently and effectively. This is an entry level position that will work at the direction of the Litigation and Practice Support (LSPS) Project Management Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the LSPS Project Management team meet case or project objectives through delivery of legal technology services
- At the direction of the LSPS Project Managers, provide e-discovery support, including, but not limited to, data collection, data processing and culling, digital document productions, and application support and training
- Become proficient in project management workflows for standard litigation technology applications such as Relativity Processing and Review, Nuix, LAW EDA, etc.
- Become proficient in basic end-user support for standard litigation technology applications such as Relativity Processing and Review, Nuix, LAW EDA, etc.
- Become proficient in all department workflows and best practices, and apply the same to the delivery of client services
- Review work completed by members of the department, and where applicable provide feedback and recommendations to department management
- Provide after-hours support for case teams and/or clients, and work overtime as necessary
- Participate in the department on-call rotation, including working alternative hours during on-call period
- Assist with the delivery of service using both internal and external resources
- Exhibit overall business awareness as it relates to the goals and objectives of the department
- Keep abreast of current technologies, strategies and solutions relating to e-discovery and legal technology
- Performs other tasks as directed by partners, senior counsel, associates, of counsel, or Senior Firm Management
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience with database and spreadsheet applications: MS Access, SQL, MS Excel
- Knowledge of litigation database applications (Relativity, Concordance, IPRO, LiveNote, Case Map) including the ability to create, maintain and troubleshoot databases
- Work experience at a large law firm or litigation support vendor
← return to listings