Litigation and Practice Support Project Manager
This individual will manage and coordinate large scale projects related to the Firm’s legal technology solutions by providing consultative support and applying project management strategies to manage cases efficiently and effectively. This position requires an in depth understanding of the litigation life cycle, litigation technology, and electronic discovery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with clients and case team members to define business requirements, evaluate technology solutions, develop project plans and manage projects with limited supervision to meet case or project objectives.
- Perform advanced consultation, provide advice and recommendations and manage workflow design as it relates to the legal technology solutions.
- Consult directly with clients and case teams on e-discovery issues, including, but not limited to, preservation, data collection, data culling, staffing needs, technology options, best practices and application support and training.
- Achieve a passing score on an internally administered test within the first three months of employment if Relativity is used.
- Use discretion and independent judgment to design and implement workflows inside the legal technology applications to meet the needs of clients and case teams.
- Manage, supervise and assign project tasks to members of the department including, Litigation and Practice Support Analysts and Technicians.
- Review work completed by members of the department, and where applicable provide feedback and recommendations to department management.
- Create and manage project budgets for clients and/or case teams .
- Manage and coordinate the delivery of service using both internal and external resources, including negotiating with outside vendors, as appropriate.
- Develop and provide training to staff, clients or case teams on legal technology solutions.
- Assist with evaluating and providing recommendations on department structure, resource allocation and future legal technology solutions.
- Assist in the development of department best practices and documentation of business processes.
- Exhibit overall business awareness as it relates to the goals and objectives of the department.
- Keep abreast of current technologies, strategies and solutions relating to e-discovery and legal technology.
- Performs other tasks as directed by partners, senior counsel, counsel, associates or members of Senior Management.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience planning and managing legal technology projects
- Experience and understanding of legal technology solutions such as Relativity, Nuix, LAW, PreDiscovery and Concordance
- Achieve a passing score on an internally administered test within the first three months of employment if Relativitity is used.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff
- Strong documentation skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Knowledge of the current vendor market
← return to listings