LEGAL TECHNOLOGY TRAINER
The Trainer will be responsible for developing and delivering custom technical training for programs tailored to the needs of attorneys and staff throughout the Firm. The position reports to the IT Support and Training Manager.
- Plan technical training curriculum and courses based on the needs of the Firm.
- Develop and deliver various individual, classroom and web-based training programs for the Firm’s standard legal applications including training new hires, conducting refresher courses on standard applications, and providing introductory courses on new or updated applications.
- Document and communicate issues discovered during training to improve existing systems.
- Create and maintain quick reference guides for the Firm’s standard applications.
- Implement, maintain and support Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the Microsoft Office 2016 Suite and advise end users on application best practices.
- Create and update templates within the Legal Macro Template package utilizing iCreate (Big Hand Create), or experience using Legal MacPac, Litera Forte or similar programs.
- Provide general support to the Information Technology team, as needed, including assisting with troubleshooting escalated application issues.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent working experience.
- Microsoft Office Specialist Certification a plus.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience supporting end users in a law firm or corporate environment.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience as a technical trainer in a law firm or corporate environment.
- Expert level skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, iManage, Aderant and InterAction, or equivalent programs.
- Familiarity with iManage 9.5+ (preferred) or other document management systems in a matter centric environment.
- Familiarity with litigation support applications and techniques.
- Strong understanding of current technology and the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Superior communication and engagement skills, including the ability to interact credibly and diplomatically with individuals at all levels of the Firm, including the ability to present subject matter in understandable terms to users with various levels of computer experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a collaborative organization and to create consensus-based support for strategies and processes.
- Ability to independently develop programs and handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously with a high degree of professionalism and client service orientation.
- Skilled at meeting strict deadlines under significant time constraints.
← return to listings