Knowledge Management Analyst
Our client is seeking a Knowledge Management Analyst to join the Information Technology team. The Knowledge Management Analyst will support the implementation of knowledge management across the firm. This position will provide the ability to design processes to aid in the efficient practice of law and strategic decision-making to drive innovation, analytics, and data sharing. The analyst will lead, direct, and review technical activities associated with delivering and managing knowledge systems and tools, including knowledge repositories, the firm intranet, and other new tools as needed.
Provides leadership in the process of sharing the firm’s knowledge and experience, especially the most current and valuable experience, to enhance marketing and business development, training, recruiting and other important aspects of the firm’s business. Collects and makes available knowledge management materials. Evaluates, develops, and modifies knowledge management technology systems. Serves as a liaison with practice area administrators and staff to educate, train and promote knowledge management and the adoption of best practices. Produces knowledge management reports.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement automation, document systems, and strategies for knowledge management, ensuring they are aligned with the firm’s objectives and with guidance from the firm’s AI Committee and Technology Committee.
- Leverage data analytics methodologies, such as regression, clustering, decision trees, exploratory data analysis, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, and neural networks to mine, analyze, and interpret data.
- Compile and analyze documents and data points from the firm’s practice areas to help shape the firm’s knowledge management strategy.
- Evaluate, recommend, and partake in trials of innovative KM and research tools based on firm needs.
- Foster a firm-wide culture of knowledge sharing by promoting internal and external knowledge resources and technologies. Create documentation including business requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, feature descriptions, user guides, process flows, wireframes, and presentations.
- Maintain relationships and work with vendors, both internal teams and external providers, and develop knowledge to support vendor systems. Provide moderate technical expertise, oversight and control in communications, time management, quality assurance, quality control and management, process development and risk management.
- Evaluate, recommend, and partake in trials of innovative technology tools based on firm needs.
- Foster a firm-wide culture of knowledge sharing by promoting internal and external knowledge resources and technologies.
- Suggest feedback regarding system and workflow improvements and developments.
- Provide back-end global support and maintenance for all relevant applications, including escalating complex system issues to vendors to ensure timely resolutions.
- Maintain relationships and work with vendors, both internal teams and external providers, and develop knowledge to support vendor systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Strong understanding of knowledge management principles and processes.
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Proficient with SharePoint and Office 365.
- Proficiency in web service development a plus.
- Strong command over Linux server administration (apache2, Redis, Postgresql) and regular system maintenance.
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and statistical methods for complex data analysis.
- Knowledge of C/C++, Selenium browser automation, GPT models. React & PhotoShop will be a plus.
- Familiarity with the principles and practices of data mining and data warehousing.
- A keen interest in technological trends, particularly in the realm of legal tech.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, paired with the confidence to share and advocate for ideas in a collaborative environment.
- A strategic mindset driven by the desire to exceed boundaries and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously while meeting deadlines and business objectives.
- Strong customer service acumen.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization and clients.
- Flexibility to work overtime, as needed.
← return to listings