SYSTEMS ENGINEER – KM APPLICATIONS
Our client is currently seeking a Systems Engineer – Knowledge Management Applications to work with the firm’s IT Director and Knowledge Management team to review and optimize the applications used by the firm.
- Work with information technology (IT) subject matter experts to ensure new software integrations meet functional and compatibility requirements
- Update, modify, test, and/or repair existing software systems and propose solutions to problems
- Provide functional and technical analysis and documentation related to the design, development, and implementation of knowledge management and practice support systems
- Partner with legal practice groups and administrative departments to identify business requirements and related practice specific technology
- Prepare accurate written functional and technical documentation of user needs, program functions, and maintenance processes. Create technical documentation for inclusion in the firm’s knowledge base to assist with troubleshooting efforts
- Any other responsibilities as assigned
- 2-3 years of work experience as an application engineer or similar role, preferably working with knowledge management and litigation support applications.
- Proactive with demonstrated troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills to manage multiple and diverse projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on projects
- Candidates must be highly proficient (expert knowledge) in Microsoft end user technologies such as Windows 10, Office 2016/365, Visual Basic for Applications, MS Project or Visio
- Previous experience working with law firm knowledge management and practice support applications is required
- Ability to read and write simple database queries
- Experience integrating, configuring and optimizing business systems and applications
- Experience with Microsoft IIS (Internet Information Services Manager) and Microsoft SQL Server
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including TCP/IP, Windows 2012 and newer Server versions.
- Position requires adherence to the firm’s Information Service’s policies, change control processes as well as the firm’s security and governance requirements across all administered applications
- Ability to perform off-hours support as needed for system monitoring and maintenance and to assist with time-sensitive customer requests
- Flexibility and willingness to respond to issues during and outside of core business hours
Exceptional interpersonal skills are essential for this position with the ability to work effectively with end-users, IT peers and managers. Individual will work as part of the Information Technology Team. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred
← return to listings