The New York IT Trainer responsible for providing training in the
standards and use of firm-supported hardware (PCs, laptops, etc.) and software.
Training personnel are responsible for the development, customization and maintenance of software, standards and instructional materials (courseware, cheat sheets, etc.) related to existing and planned firm-supported hardware and software.
Training is provided to New York users and, as required, users in other offices. Training formats include classroom training, one-on-one, desk-side, remote and self-paced (online) training,
The position is also responsible for providing technical support (phone and in-person) in the use
of and troubleshooting of firm-supported hardware and firm-approved software and end user
projects such as advanced word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.
This person should be highly motivated and have excellent customer service and relationship building skills. This position will have frequent interaction with internal personnel (staff and
attorneys), external clients, and will work closely with other departments and administrative
sections to support firm’s IT goals. Occasional travel will be required for this position.
Candidates should have at least three years' experience teaching Windows and Microsoft Office,
and legal applications (e.g. OpenText eDocs, Workshare, Litera, IntApp, Elite, InterAction,
RightFax, etc.). Candidates should also have successfully completed an appropriate course of
study and graduated from an accredited college, or possess the equivalent in directly-related
- PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting training sessions on the use of firm-supported hardware and software.
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of training materials (courseware, cheat
sheets, computer-based training modules, quick reference guides, etc.).
- Analyzing and customizing software products for use by firm. Developing procedures,
specifications and firm standards relating to the use of existing and future firm software.
- Gathering requirements and developing software improvements (macros, forms,
templates, etc.) to improve the efficiency of the firm.
- Scheduling training courses and maintaining training room, training room equipment, PC
configurations and functionality.
- Reporting and contact with HR regarding personnel training and performance issues.
- Maintaining course sessions and attendance records in firm's learning management
Service (Help) Desk:
- Provide technical support either by phone, e-mail or desk-side for software and hardware
issues. Ability to explain complex solutions to non-technical users.
- Assisting in the creation, editing, formatting and printing of specialized documents such
as large mail-outs, organizational charts, presentations, speeches, brochures, newsletters
and other documentation requiring advanced software skills. Requires proficient
knowledge of advanced functions of firm software.
- Follow and uphold procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring
operations via firm’s ticketing software. This includes documenting instances of desktop
equipment or software failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Develop and grow base understanding of firm applications as they relate to user support
- Troubleshooting to resolve problems; researching and testing different techniques and/or
developing new methods to resolve trouble calls in manner satisfactory to caller.
- Collaborate with User Services team to ensure efficient operation of firm’s IT
environment, assessing needs and recommending to superiors, while implementing
performance upgrades to hardware or software
- Support video conferencing equipment and conferences requiring AV equipment and
- Support Firm-issued and employee owned Smartphone devices and mobile device
- Assist with inventory of all monitors, computers, laptops, printers and other peripherals
- Perform moves, additions, and change requests as they are submitted by IT Managers,
Office Administrators, and Operations Staff.
- Conduct research on computer products in support of procurement and development
efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase.
- Escalate or reassign appropriate user requests to relevant network or application
- POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in the field of computer science and/or three to five
years’ equivalent work experience.
- Essential Experience includes knowledge and support of:
Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Learning Management Systems, Legal
applications (preferred), Document Management Systems.
- Desirable Experience includes knowledge and support of:
Citrix, Fortinet VPN, OpenText eDocs, Audio\Visual equipment
- Excellent customer service attitude, internally and externally.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience to resolve user issues.
- Ability to listen, interpret questions, and effectively communicate questions and
instructions in oral and written form.
- Maximum flexibility when working with others on daily and project schedules.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in
a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Adhere to Firm guidelines related to attendance, computer usage, and IT ethics.
- After-hours availability to assist with user support issues, end-user change/relocation,
department projects or maintenance events
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, peripherals and
← return to listings