IT SUPPORT ANALYST
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Technology Services team is responsible for resolving support queries from internal and external clients.
Office IT Support Analysts are accountable for the quality of local technology service delivery within their assigned office(s). They act as consultants to the attorneys and staff on the technology systems at their disposal and provide both proactive and reactive technology-related support. This role is about working closely with local stakeholders to understand and then realize expectations and business needs, mobilizing the resources of the Technology department as needed on behalf of the office.
Working co-operatively with the Technology Services team and other areas of the Technology department, this position is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and support of PC-based applications, mobile devices, infrastructure components, and telecommunications within the office, ensuring that local and firm-wide systems are consistently delivered and supportable.
IT Support Analyst II is the working level. It requires full proficiency in technical functions as well as the ability to learn and use a significant level of technical knowledge of the department. Those at this level typically work with independence and exercise judgment and discretion in handling assigned responsibilities, including the ability to resolve problems, exceptions and variations in the department’s services.
The position reports to the local IT Manager (where present) and the Regional IT Support Manager, with a dotted line to local office management.
Duties will vary between locations based on management, accounting, and operational differences across the organization.
- Provides a clear point of contact for IT support queries from end users and management in the local office. Facilitates communication in both directions between central Technology functions, office management, and end users within the office.
- Delivers first- and second-level technology support on PC-based and telecommunications issues. Responds to support requests in a polite, professional and timely manner.
- Maintains suitable records of support requests to ensure that all queries receive a suitable response and to be able to provide feedback to other parts of the department on the type and frequency of requests.
- Provides desk-side support and other face-to-face support services for supported users, such as one-to-one advice, configuration services, clinics, and proactive maintenance services.
- Escalates requests that cannot be resolved locally to the appropriate Technology teams, such as Technical Infrastructure, Systems Development, and Practice Support, engaging with these teams directly or through the global IT Support function as appropriate.
- Provides local, hands-on assistance as required for central Technology teams including IT Support and Technical Infrastructure.
- Researches, develops and documents best practices and standard procedures using the knowledge management features of the service desk management tool. Shares knowledge and experience with colleagues across the department.
- Assists with the execution of firm-wide technology projects, providing local leadership and project management as required.
- Manages the integration of specialized applications and technology services required by individuals and small teams within the office.
- Performs local contract, licensing and vendor management for technology products and services not covered under firm-wide programs.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date audit of hardware for the office, including PCs, laptops, printers, and other hardware as directed. Assists with the administration and maintenance of automated asset tracking tools.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date documentation of local technology systems, such as telecommunication links and LAN cabling.
- Provides support for hardware within the office, including PCs, laptops, peripherals, telephones, mobile devices, and printers. Provides hands-on hardware support, physical deployment/installation and preventative maintenance, and manages relationships providers for warranty and outsourced hardware support.
- Ensures that internal and external users of conference rooms enjoy a professional, high-quality technology experience. Proactively manages conference room equipment including laptops, projection, video conference systems, wired and wireless networking, telephony, printing, digital signage and ancillary A/V systems.
- Assists with the technology aspects of external events run by the local office, either in person or by engaging with third party support providers.
- Assists with routine operational support such as backups, capacity management of file and email services, disk management and fault isolation.
- Manages or assists others in the management of facility and physical security systems.
- Maintains the confidentiality of the Firm, its employees, and client information. Handles sensitive information and issues responsibly and with discretion.
- Travel to other offices may be required.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required as well as a physical presence in the office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree or three to five years’ experience of working with PCs and related peripheral material, or three to five years of help desk or training experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School Diploma or GED (US); GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English grades A-C (UK); or equivalent high school education
- Three years computer-operations experience, preferably in a Windows environment
- Advanced educational courses are preferred
- Experience of working within a customer service environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional 2016 or earlier
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 or earlier
- Knowledge of desktop applications, preferably in a legal environment
- Experience with PC-based systems, mobile devices and remote access tools
- Focus on customer care
- Ability to empathize with people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to multitask
← return to listings