← return to listings
← return to listings
The IT Regional Trainer develops, designs and implements technology learning initiatives. Utilizing classroom, remote, and individual instruction, the IT Regional Trainer provides instruction to office-wide and Firm-wide users on a wide variety of general and legal-specific technology applications. IT Regional Trainers serve as key members of Firm-wide IT project teams for testing, documenting and rolling out new technology. In addition, the IT Regional Trainer provides software support as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Deliver training programs including development, promotion, delivery, implementation and evaluation for New Hire and other IT Training programs offered at the Firm.
- Work closely with IT staff and other key administrative and legal leaders to determine end-user training priorities and strategies.
- Using a learning management system, perform administrative tasks associated with training: schedule classes/courses, maintain attendance registration and records, analyze the effectiveness of training and student feedback.
- Develop comprehensive training plans and produce course materials.
- Class management responsibility which includes, but is not limited to: Motivating participants, maintaining control of the class environment, and directing the learning of participants to meet program objectives.
- Serve on project teams for rollouts of new technology and upgrades which includes, but is not limited to: Evaluating, testing, and marketing. May be assigned other special projects.
- Contribute to the development of instructional and participant materials including objectives, training documentation, visual aids, testing, training instruments and course handouts. Provide feedback regarding effectiveness and ease of use.
- Design and develop on-line learning modules to support instructor-led programs or other initiatives within IT.
- Provide end-user support services as appropriate for software related questions.
- Prepare activity and progress reports regarding training and project activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate training experience to include classroom, and e-learning.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, excellent communication and writing skills.
- Proven presentation/platform skills.
- Strong technical coaching and counseling skills with ability to influence others to take action and achieve objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of desktop productivity software and groupware products; Expert level proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of legal industry specific software preferred (i.e. Document Management System). Ability to learn such software, as well as software developed in house, required.
Desired abilities & qualifications:
- Candidates with MOS certifications preferred.
- Ability to work both independently or collaboratively, producing all assigned work while adhering to deliverables and deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities, and effectively make judgments in prioritizing and time allocation in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques, and roles & responsibilities in providing technical training and guidance.
- Knowledge of and experience with the design and development of training programs, activities and documentation based upon training needs analysis.
- Experience with on-line training & development.
- Possess strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to understand customer needs and expectations, provide excellent client service in direct and indirect manner, and fulfill customer expectations.
- Ability to offer constructive feedback to and accept direct feedback from others.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of different IT teams.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to successfully interface with personnel at all levels within the firm and to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
- Regular, predictable, and timely attendance.
← return to listings