The Project Manager will manage various IT projects across IT sub-departments, ensuring delivery of high quality projects within time and budget according to a pre-defined, consistent process. This role will also help develop project management best practices and evolve the project management processes as a key member of the Project Management Center of Excellence. The position requires good project management, program management, communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with other Project Managers, IT team members, stakeholders and other departments to ensure successful project delivery from project inception through closure.
- Create various project documents, including project charters, project plans, status reports, project risk assessments and project gating presentations. Work with project team to ensure relevant project documentation is created.
- Provide project gating presentations to the IT Directors during the various stage gates of their assigned projects.
- Report on the project pipeline, budget run, risks, issues, and mitigation plans for assigned projects.
- Resolve resource, timing, or other conflicts between projects.
- Contribute to the project management best practices and standards within IT.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing complex, global, enterprise projects including package implementation, client-server and web development at a Project Manager or Team Lead level.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to process and methodology improvements
- Demonstrated knowledge and execution of project management practices, tools, and methodologies, including an appropriate project management tool (Microsoft Project, Workfront, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business or Management Information Systems
- Legal experience, Experience with transactional systems, particularly in the accounting, finance or human resources functional areas
← return to listings