The IT Business Analyst (BA) will work with the Project Management Team within the IT Department. The BA will partner with project stakeholders and subject matter experts to document requirements and designs for front-end applications as well as system-to-system integrations. The ideal candidate for this position is deeply inquisitive, detail-oriented and highly creative. They will be responsible for translating user needs to software solutions, and vice versa, with current programs, projects and future initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with end users and business stakeholders to:
- Acquire deep knowledge of firm operational processes, goals, gaps, and the likely impact of system and process changes.
- Participate in and facilitate system design workshops to solicit functional requirements.
- Actively seek out process optimization and ease-of-use.
- Produce detailed functional requirements documentation using appropriate graphical & textual techniques, including use cases, scenarios, process models, diagrams, and wireframes.
- Analyze and document alternate flows and edge cases to determine impact, design adjustments, and/or mitigation plans.
- Act as translator between business and technical teams interpreting user needs and translating them into more technical language for the developers (and vice-versa).
- Identify functional dependencies between systems and recommend solutions or risk mitigation approaches.
- Facilitate discussions with product owners and subject matter experts to attain functional requirements approval.
- Work closely with the product owner, subject matter experts, and project team members through all phases of the project.
- Facilitate tight communication between subject matter experts and development teams to ensure accurate understanding of requirements.
- Help negotiate a prioritized roadmap among stakeholders who may have different business objectives.
- Manage backlog priorities.
- Collect software QA materials such as sample data sets and files
- Assist the product owner and subject matter experts in testing user stories and defects, at both a technical level and a functional level.
- Build Test Scripts and implement a testing plan program.
Preferred Experience and Skills
Requirements: In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, document management systems (NetDocuments/iManage), computer hardware functions, PC operation and a range of software applications; strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; patience and flexibility. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work independently as well as under direction; the ability to work as part of a team; excellent skills to transfer knowledge in efficient, pleasant and effective ways; willingness to work under pressure and a willingness to learn new programs. Law firm experience preferred; bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
← return to listings