This position is with a top-tier law firm with an open and inclusive culture. With more than 300 attorneys and 400 employees in the Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Seattle and New York, we work with companies on the cutting edge of technology, life sciences and cleantech. For more than four decades, our Firm has helped some of the world's most recognized companies become and remain market leaders. We are proud to have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for the eleventh year.
Our IT Department has an opening for an Information Security Analyst who will be primarily responsible for day-to-day security threat monitoring and analysis from client security to enterprise servers, operating systems, applications and infrastructure devices. This position also participates with IT Security management on developing, implementing and managing security controls and defenses related to the execution for the Information Security Program, including Intrusion Detection, Log Monitoring, Vulnerability Assessment, and Information Security Process & Reporting. This position reports to the Chief Security Officer and can be based in our San Jose (preferred) or Foster City office.
- Manage and support the log collection, security scanning, intrusion detection, content filtering and other security related systems.
- Review and triage information security alerts, provide analysis, determine and track remediation, and escalate as appropriate.
- Active member of the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) responding to reported incidents according to the Incident Response Plan.
- Provide support for the log management and Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) solutions.
- Provide technical leadership for the vulnerability management program, advanced security monitoring providing proactive detection and prevention.
- Ensures authorized access by investigating improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitors information requests; recommends improvements.
- Actively participate in the maintenance and development of the Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- Participate in security and change management meetings.
- Provides installation, maintenance, upgrades and trouble-shooting of security applications, appliances across all functional departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to research current information security landscape.
- Ability to research, develop, and keep abreast of tools, techniques, and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis in accordance with current and emerging threat and attack vectors.
- Ability to take on additional tasks as defined by the Information Security Management Team, including taking part in the on call rotation.
- Strong knowledge of Incident Analysis and Response concepts and techniques, including incident tracking process, root cause, lessons learned and process improvements.
- Deep understanding of network devices and architecture, TCP/IP, network protocols, server operating systems, vulnerability scanning.
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts and policies with focus on improving process/procedure manuals and documentation.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux/Unix, Vmware, IDS/IP, forensic discovery.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- May perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Information Assurance, Information Security, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience. A minimum of 4 years of security analyst experience within a complex operational and development environment. Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, GCIH, GCIA, GPEN not required but preferred.
← return to listings