As a member of the Network Operations team, the Security Engineer has accountability for researching, designing, engineering, implementing, and supporting network security solutions for the firm. This role utilizes in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to help design and implement a secure solution.
- Monitor, maintain, support, and optimize infrastructure, software and associated operating systems
- Assist in Security Engineering Design and Implementation. Plan, research, and design robust security architectures based on current security best practices and industry frameworks.
- Create Security Architecture Specifications for multiple Information Security Domains including but not limited to; Governance, Cloud, Wireless, Infrastructure and Software
- Participate in application and infrastructure projects to provide security planning and guidance
- Implement and maintain corporate security policies and procedures.
- Adhere to ISO 270001 and GDPR compliance policies and standard operating procedures.
- Perform risk analysis and security assessments.
- Work with outside security firm for vulnerability and penetration testing and remediate findings.
- Manage and maintain network infrastructure including LAN, WAN, WWAN, and Internet connections
- Manage security integration projects for custom, key applications and systems
- Manage encryption keys and SSL certificates and authorities
- Manage Endpoint Security solutions for all devices
- Monitor network security to protect against external, internal, and/or programmatic attacks
- Assist in defining overall network security strategies and procedures
- Utilize network monitoring software to ensure timely alerts and response to network issues
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems
- Serve as an escalation point for network systems operational issues
- Maintain primary and secondary data center including power, cooling, cabling and security.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Investigate developing network technologies and provide recommendations regarding the future application of such technologies and related productivity gains
- Participate in on-call rotation and respond to after-hours issues in a timely manner based upon severity and/or business impact
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- CCNA and VCP certifications desired
- College degree preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant network security experience
- Proficiency with CheckPoint hardware and software security solutions required
- Windows 2012 and 2016 Server, Windows 10 workstations, and networking experience in a complex, multi-vendor network environment
- Knowledge of web security technologies
- Experience with VMware in a Windows Server 2012/2016 environment
- Experience with Cisco UCS and Cisco VOIP solutions
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN and WWAN configuration management and administration
- Experience with Citrix Load Balancer XenApp and Access Gateways
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both in oral and written form
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize/coordinate deadlines and track progress of tasks
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships in or out of a team environment
- Understands and adopts the organizational structure
- Possesses the attitude of collaboration and sharing
- Skills in analyzing complex problems, troubleshooting and resolving them
- Ability to create and consistently maintain, reliable systems documentation
- Willingness to learn and adopt new methodologies
- Flexibility and willingness to respond to issues during and outside of core business hours
← return to listings