The Global Technology Support Center Lead provides senior level support to the GTSC regarding the resolution of complex computing issues including network issues, operating systems, hardware, firm standard software applications, office audio-visual systems, smartphone support, security and advanced troubleshooting skills and will provide effective guidance, which includes leading and motivating the team on a daily basis, The Global Technology Support Center Lead is responsible for effective coordination, leadership, and mentoring of other GTSC staff. In conjunction with the GTSC Leadership Team, is responsible for prioritizing and scheduling team resources to ensure responsive utilization of resources to meet customer service and training objectives. The Global Technology Support Center Lead is responsible for effective project management, translating team goals and objectives into well-defined project plans, including milestone objectives and the use of effective reporting tools to track progress. Other responsibilities of the role will include meeting regularly with other Global Technology leads, Supervisors and Managers to discuss continual service improvement and new initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
“Essential duties” are those that an individual must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Provides coverage for the GTSC interaction queues incorporating Voice, Email and Chat support to our customers maintaining an availability of at least 30% per month. Responds to requests that come directly to the GTSC, assigned from practice offices, and firm-wide technology departments.
- Trains, coaches, and mentors the Global Technology Support Center staff and leads them in the development of their technical, customer service, and project management skills.
- Monitors GTSC Key Performance Indicators to ensure the department remains focused on achieving its targets
- Generate and distribute monthly reports including Practice Office Dashboards, call stats, GTSC Performance Scorecards, utilizing ITSM reports and advanced Excel functions. Interface with Business Intelligence team to efficiently pull data from call center platform databases.
- Conducts call evaluation and KPI analysis for quality assurance to support continual service improvement within the GTSC.
- Assists with projects and initiatives as required, including employee relocation requests, new hire onboarding tasks, training documentation, information gathering for metrics and KPIs.
- Provides support to desktop and notebook systems and customer related services. Also provides support for printers and Multi-Functional Device (MFD) hardware, settings and network printer configurations. Maintains appropriate Firm data security and disaster recovery measures for the GTSC.
- Utilizes the service management system (Servicenow) to monitor support requests and incident assignments to ensure quality and compliance with established service level agreements.
- Assists in the development and testing of customized software features or applications.
- Supports the GTSC Leadership Team in implementing and administering the technology directives set forth by Global Technology.
- Contributes and maintains the knowledge bases that the firm oversees. Stays abreast of trends in the industry and understanding the impact of future software developments, updates.
- Contributes to weekly team meetings and agenda approval and leads one or more meetings on a weekly basis.
- Utilizes the contact center application to monitor support channels, department workflow and staffing during shift, and assures that availability is met amongst the analysts. Alerts Leadership Team if there are any issues that may prevent or delay adequate staffing. Determines if daily work or tasks should be distributed differently amongst the group to ensure efficiency.
- Performs and enforces security procedures and policies, including ID verification, rights management and access control, Scans computers and files for viruses. Demonstrates strong understanding of firm’s security practices.
- Demonstrates the operations of software to end users. Utilizes all and any firm-approved applications to provide support to lawyers.
- Assists with training, support, administration, maintenance and development of the contact center platform.
- May provide support for various departmental databases, applications and programs (e.g. Eclipse, Relativity, Compulaw) using knowledge base articles or engaging other global resolution groups.
- Participates in Technology conference calls to understand firm strategies, products and services; updates group of local projects, provides feedback on new products, and software updates.
- Meets and coordinates with other Global Technology teams to discuss support issues and improvements
- Promotes effective work practices, works as a team member, and shows respect for co-workers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
- Five (5) years technology experience desired.
- One (1) year experience in a lead role or with project management.
- Advanced technology support experience in PC hardware/software.
- Experience working with remote communications hardware including modems, wireless routers, and network interface cards.
- Related experience working on notebook computers and tablets. Experience with Lenovo notebooks preferred.
- Experience in installations and upgrades, training and technical documentation desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Leadership skills (i.e., organizing, planning, problem-solving and decision-making) necessary for effective mentoring.
- Analytical skills needed to discover trends in data with an exceptional level of attention to detail.
- Well developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the Firm.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus.
- Organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Develops knowledge of the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Expert knowledge and proficiency in a wide variety of software programs, including Windows 10, and Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), iManage, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Expert knowledge of standard hardware components and peripherals.
- Knowledge of L&W templates and macros, the intranet, DTE, and Comparison tools.
- Advanced knowledge of ServiceNow or other ITSM platform and reporting capabilities.
- Knowledge and proficiency with handheld wireless devices (i.e. BlackBerry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone) in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge and proficiency of various remote communication methodologies required, including Wireless, Terminal Server, RSA SecurID technology and VPN.
- Experience with unattended software deployment tools, such as SCCM.
- Working knowledge of internetworking, TCP/IP, client/server relationships, network printing and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of VOIP, Litigation support applications and methods, and videoconferencing and user training preferred.
- Analytical skills needed to troubleshoot a variety of symptoms, diagnose problems, and test, recommend, and implement solutions to technology problems.
- Develops knowledge of Cisco Phone software.
- Develops knowledge of CIC (the firm’s contact center platform), including application support, system administration, and development.
- Good presentational skills; ability to deliver presentations to an audience for instructional purposes.
← return to listings