The Global Technology e-Learning Coordinator develops and implements e-learning training programs for all Latham personnel. He or she creates and provides multimedia training products including, but not limited to, the development of online end user training using a variety of tools and software. The Coordinator is responsible for managing all content functions of the learning management system (LMS). He or she identifies training needs of Latham personnel via surveys, training requests, new technology analysis, and help desk reports. He or she acts as a mentor for the learning management system, and provides LMS support to Technology, HR and other functional departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties are those that an individual must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Acts as a project lead for technology e-learning training at the firm and manages online training and development initiatives. Develops, coordinates and/or maintains the proper functioning and adherence to Global Technology Training standards of the firm’s e-learning courseware.
- Creates online training programs for Technology including new or updated software rollouts for and other departments to meet stakeholder’s specifications and the training needs of the firm. Develops online training programs to enhance the ability, knowledge and/or productivity of Latham personnel in their role.
- Evaluates e-learning rollouts and acts as project lead to ensure they meet local offices’ specific needs for new hire training, professional development, technology rollout training, or ongoing education. Translates business specifications into user documentation.
- Coordinates closely with HR and other functional departments to facilitate the learning needs of the firm with respect to the use and administration of the LMS. This includes the creation of curriculums, social learning strategies and online learning.
- Works with management and subject matter experts to gain full knowledge and understanding of typical work processes in order to design effective training programs. Conducts research to understand objectives, challenges, and desired results to develop customized training programs.
- Works with requestors to understand training needs and makes recommendations to ensure most effective multimedia is selected. Uses learning strategies to select best training/instructional method given the subject, environment, and audience responsible for learning new material.
- Develops and/or coordinates teaching aids such as outlines, handouts, instructions, tip sheets, e-learning, Tips of the Week, Course of the Month and other reference materials.
- Acts independently to determine when training deficiencies require new training programs. Identifies technology skill gaps of Latham personnel; makes recommendations to Technology Trainers, Supervisors, and Managers; develops programs to meet the training needs, and creates methods for proper instruction.
- Uses the LMS to administer training programs.
- Works with Technology and Human Resources Department teams to successfully test and implement all upgrades to the learning management system.
- Works with members of the Technology Department, Human Resources and other stakeholders to identify requirements for the selection of new learning management systems
- Analyzes reports and reviews training requests in order to develop appropriate training programs for the office or the firm.
- Researches, reviews, and stays abreast of current and emerging technologies and course resources. Researches and identifies data sources for instructional material development. Reviews appropriate periodicals and journals.
- Provides training to the practice office training staff with regard to software rollouts. Designs train-the-trainer sessions to promote learning.
- Provides assistance and training to Latham personnel for firm-approved software using a variety of different methods. Software includes: Microsoft Office, iManage, Litera Change-Pro, Intapp Time, Payne Metadata Assistant, learning management system, Chrome River, Webex, Remote computing, Cisco phone software, and other programs as necessary.
- Collaborates with the local Technology Trainers and the Global Technology Training team to ensure consistency of training programs firmwide.
- Fosters communication among practice office training staff, as well as communication with other groups within the Technology Department through conference calls, meetings, email, and other tools.
- Promotes and enforces standardization of software training with an emphasis on developing the skills required for document production within practice groups.
- Coordinates work with practice groups to develop procedures to improve document production that can be incorporated into a practice area knowledge base and included in instructor-led training and online training curricula.
- Participates in firmwide training conference calls and/or smaller working groups to prepare for upgrades, writing materials, and learning processes.
- Coordinates with other areas and departments of the firm where overlap exists to develop efficient procedures and communications to streamline processes and satisfy various department needs.
- Evaluates and tests new software programs and updates from a training and end user point of view.
- Completes special projects on various issues as needed.
- Promotes effective work practices, works as a team member, and shows respect for co-workers.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Four (4) years experience in instructional design and writing documentation for technology training preferred.
- Four (4) years experience developing e-learning/multimedia courseware preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years experience supporting technology via end user training initiatives preferably at a professional services organization.
- Experience using established methodologies with all stages of the instructional design process, including needs assessment, analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Relevant project management experience required.
← return to listings