The Technical Consultant is a senior person in the technical organization at our client. The position will report through the Technical Consulting Manager, which reports to the CTO. The Technical Consultant is the primary contact with our clients and sales prospects for all deep technical issues, and serves as an advisor to both the internal and external contacts. This person helps define projects, interfaces directly with clients, understands client issues, provides technical solutions, oversees implementation of solutions, guides and directs clients, and provides overall insight. This person will also provide guidance and feedback to the internal Engineering/Development teams on challenges and opportunities for new products or enhancements that are identified through work in the field. This person will provide both sales support and will lead client engagements.
The Technical Consultant will be part of a senior team of engineers, architects, analysts and developers that will help conceive, develop, test and deploy new capabilities in our organization. When not performing client related consulting, the consultant will help with surveying the industry for new tools, ideas, procedures or other trends. This person may also help with blog posts, articles and whitepapers.
The Technical Consultant will also work with the Technical Services and Review operations teams. The consultant will help engage clients and define technical workflows for complex projects. The consultant will then work with the operations teams to document and implement the workflows, and the consultant will advise the operations team throughout the project.
We expect the technical consultant to have deep technical knowledge of the tools, procedures and challenges of the eDiscovery industry across the phases of the EDRM. We expect the consultant to understand implementation challenges, architectures and client constraints that exist in our industry. Knowledge of compliance, information governance, records management and/or big data analytics is a plus.
Required skills and attributes:
- Project Leadership
- Experience with vision, organization, developing task lists, developing timelines, client deliverables
- Experience in client facing roles
- Experience in consulting, PM, and/or sales engineering
- eDiscovery process expertise
- Experience in multiple areas of the EDRM, including legal hold, collections, processing, production, hosting, review, and/or analytics.
- eDiscovery tool expertise (two or three of the following tools)
- Relativity, Nuix, LAW, Clearwell, iPro, iConect, Encase, etc.
- Knowledge of data structures, architectures, advantages, limitations, and implementation strategies
Candidate must have deep expertise in at least two or three of these areas
- System and data format
- MS exchange, O365, SharePoint, MS Office, Lotus notes, Apple/Mac, mobile, bloomberg
- Scripting, SQL, .Net, Ruby, Java, R, Python, regular expressions
- Product development
- Workflow, requirements, analysis, development process, testing
- Statistics, modeling tools, structured data, unstructured data, TAR, indexing, searching, supervised learning models, unsupervised learning models
- Operational management
- Project management, scheduling, process improvement, ops metrics, revenue/cost management, client deliverables
- IT system
- Server, SAN, NAS, Network, virtualization, cloud/hybrid
- Information Governance
- Records management, data classification, retention schedules, data stores, applications
- IG technologies from Veritas, HP, IBM, Smarsh, EMC, Microsoft, Bloomberg
- Forensic Investigations
- Big Data
- Hadoop, Cloudera, Tableau, MogoDB, Teradata, Oracle, Cassandra, Splunk
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
Additional Items (optional)
- Management experience
- 20% to 50% travel may be required
- This position is not tethered to any specific geographic location, but proximity to New York, Los Angeles, or Charlotte, NC is a plus.
- We will be giving candidates a test/evaluation to assess technical and consulting capability
← return to listings